The Jogger and the Cat

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
This jogger had some fun up Slate Canyon out of Provo, Utah the other day.

This is just outside of a major city in Utah. I used to hunt deer up and out of this canyon and packed many bucks out on the trail that was there at the time. It now looks like it is a good ATV trail.

• Wow
Reactions: AKaviator

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
"Your a good little kitty cat"
"I'm big and scary"

If I am not mistaken I believe that is a kitten on the road at 15 seconds into the video. That would have been a great time to go the other direction but these you-tube derelicts insist on messing with mother nature.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
got his heartrate up . probly the most calories he ever lost on a run.
But it all came out of his other end.

A friend who chases cats mentioned that he may of done a couple of things wrong. One was backing away and not standing his ground and perhaps advancing on the cat. I also wondered why he didn't kick some rocks and dirt at her when she made her bluff charges.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
But it all came out of his other end.

A friend who chases cats mentioned that he may of done a couple of things wrong. One was backing away and not standing his ground and perhaps advancing on the cat. I also wondered why he didn't kick some rocks and dirt at her when she made her bluff charges.
yeah he should have stood his ground but probly easier for me to say then for him to do. I damn sure would have been throwing rocks.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
I wondered about bending over or crouching down to pick up some rocks and what the cat would of thought as I was doing it. Is he now prey or is he getting ready to pounce one me? That's where I though that kicking rocks and dirt at it would of been better.

But I have never been up close and personal with a cat either. Bears yes, cats no....

Reactions: kidoggy

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
I would've started baying like a hound dog an treed it.(right after I pooped my pants) :D

funny how his first instinct was to grab his phone and film it. we are a society that loves our phones.

Last edited:

Shane13

Aug 8, 2012
Hawley, Texas
Backpeddling down a rocky trail is a good way to trip and fall. That would have sucked. My first thought when watching the video was "Pick up some rocks!". I would have stopped as soon as I saw the kittens, and I would have backed off if they were close. I'm pretty sure I would have stood my ground, hollered, and thrown rocks after that.

Somehow I knew, just by listening to the whole deal, that his cap was gonna be on backwards. :D

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Was thinking the throwing rocks thing would work. But I would be hesitant to bend down for fear of triggering a attack the prey mode

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
Was thinking the throwing rocks thing would work. But I would be hesitant to bend down for fear of triggering a attack the prey mode
had same thought but there are points in the video where the cat is far enough I would have risked it.