Texan

Eberle

Veteran member
Oct 2, 2012
Sasakwa, Oklahoma
Welcome to the forum. I might need to PM you at some point about Texas, I hunted at Mason Mountain last year. I had a blast, killed a wt doe & management buck. Saw lots of exotics, hopefully can draw one of them in the future. Great State, I got family in Andrews & Dallas area.

Eberle

Veteran member
Oct 2, 2012
Sasakwa, Oklahoma
That's what they tell me but they said it takes lots of $ to get a lease. They buy nr license & come hunt on our land in OK. I'd like to find a place to hunt axis. I ate some at Mason & it was unbelieveable. I apply for all the Texas hunts, but like all the states getting harder to draw.

EL JEFE

Feb 16, 2014
Uvalde Texas
Big difference here is that 98% of the land in the state is private , the license out of state is relatively cheap around $300 all species , the hunt lease fee , or trespass fee is what is high , I pay around $3300 for a fee to hunt Muleys , whitetail free on my farm , don't have any Axis , most of them are in the hill country from Austin west to Rocksprings , right now axis does around $350 and Bucks , from $1500 and up depending on size , try to draw a hunt for Garner Park in Uvalde county , it's loaded with free range Axis.

tdcour

Veteran member
Feb 28, 2013
Central Kansas
Welcome to the forum Boss! I'm originally from the panhandle area and my best man in my wedding was from Uvalde. Great area around there. My wife is actually from Andrews as well. We did a lot of quail hunting out that way until the fires burned everything up. Quail hunting was the only thing in our budget... deer was way too expensive.