TagHub's First Gear Giveaway

ore hunter

Very Active Member
Jul 25, 2014
how long till you get oregons maps and charts up?? i gotta apply pretty soon even though i already have a good idea on what im applying for,,,by the way the maury unit is really hurting in the elk department,,you should pull it off your list or change it to yellow at best,{id say white} personally

Buckbob

Jan 22, 2018
Michigan
Just signed up for it today, had already put in for my Wyoming hunts but for $10 figured I'd at least play around with it for a month.

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
Just signed up for it today, had already put in for my Wyoming hunts but for $10 figured I'd at least play around with it for a month.
Another way to look at it is that we will be giving away a top tier product every week for 10 weeks.$9.99 a month keeps you in the running for that. Plus the magazines, plus access to episodes before hand, plus expanded articles etc. For our crowd that is a better money spent per month than Netflix.

Speaking of expanded articles,Guy’s top elk units got a better analysis that went out in the E-news today.

Reactions: Buckbob

Horniac

Jul 14, 2011
NorCal
Is there a forum dedicated to Taghub for questions, comments, tutorials, feedback for those of us who subscribed and are trying to figure out how to use it?

Thanks,

Horniac

ScottR

Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
Is there a forum dedicated to Taghub for questions, comments, tutorials, feedback for those of us who subscribed and are trying to figure out how to use it?

Thanks,

Horniac
I recorded two more videos yesterday that I will post here on the forum. I can create a TagHub subsection here if that is something several of you are thinking will be cool.

Horniac

Jul 14, 2011
NorCal
I recorded two more videos yesterday that I will post here on the forum. I can create a TagHub subsection here if that is something several of you are thinking will be cool.
Thanks for the response Scott. I‘ve had limited success so far using Taghub. Just a few things of the top of my head.

* Yesterday morning I spent 20 minutes just trying to find the login screen. The site just had links to join. Finally had to use the “forgot password“ to pull up a screen that allowed for entering my username and password to log on.
* The main screen incorrectly shows April 30 as the Nevada application deadline though it is correct on the Nevada expert analysis data screen. Had to go to another source to confirm actual deadline.
* The Oregon data was minimal when I looked at it to apply but has been supplemented since. CA deadline is 6/2 and Taghub says data will be available 4/17 but there is no data that I can find.
* The expert analysis screens and links work well but the map screens are hard to navigate/use for me. It seems like it should work more intuitively but maybe it‘s not optimized for use on an I-pad. I usually just go to the magazine MRS or other mapping resources after getting frustrated with the map screen and filters. Maybe Taghub could also paste the MRS tabular data/charts (with the advertised expanded versions) so we would have it digitally (like was done on the Oregon section)?
* Suggest having a “help section“ with links to your current/upcoming tutorials, FAQ, and other tips on how to use Taghub so everything is in one spot. I think I have seen one video tutorial on Taghub.

IMO it might be useful to have a Taghub subsection on this forum so we can find all the Taghub information in one area.

Thanks,

Horniac

ScottR

Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
Thanks for the response Scott. I‘ve had limited success so far using Taghub. Just a few things of the top of my head.

* Yesterday morning I spent 20 minutes just trying to find the login screen. The site just had links to join. Finally had to use the “forgot password“ to pull up a screen that allowed for entering my username and password to log on.
* The main screen incorrectly shows April 30 as the Nevada application deadline though it is correct on the Nevada expert analysis data screen. Had to go to another source to confirm actual deadline.
* The Oregon data was minimal when I looked at it to apply but has been supplemented since. CA deadline is 6/2 and Taghub says data will be available 4/17 but there is no data that I can find.
* The expert analysis screens and links work well but the map screens are hard to navigate/use for me. It seems like it should work more intuitively but maybe it‘s not optimized for use on an I-pad. I usually just go to the magazine MRS or other mapping resources after getting frustrated with the map screen and filters. Maybe Taghub could also paste the MRS tabular data/charts (with the advertised expanded versions) so we would have it digitally (like was done on the Oregon section)?
* Suggest having a “help section“ with links to your current/upcoming tutorials, FAQ, and other tips on how to use Taghub so everything is in one spot. I think I have seen one video tutorial on Taghub.

IMO it might be useful to have a Taghub subsection on this forum so we can find all the Taghub information in one area.

Thanks,

Horniac
sorry I haven’t replied earlier to this, have been slammed. Are you strictly using your iPad?

Horniac

Jul 14, 2011
NorCal
sorry I haven’t replied earlier to this, have been slammed. Are you strictly using your iPad?
No worries Scott busy time of year. No, I have tried it on my Mac as well but not lately.

Today I got the e-mail for Guy’s top 10 units. It gives you 5 and then tells you the full list is on Taghub. Someone commented on the blog that they tried to subscribe to Taghub but the website doesn’t work to join. I went on Taghub several times to find the complete top 10 list but it was nowhere that I could find. Still no data for CA and the deadline is 6/2.

I will try my Mac in the morning and see if it works any better...

Horniac

Horniac

Jul 14, 2011
NorCal
No worries Scott busy time of year. No, I have tried it on my Mac as well but not lately.

Today I got the e-mail for Guy’s top 10 units. It gives you 5 and then tells you the full list is on Taghub. Someone commented on the blog that they tried to subscribe to Taghub but the website doesn’t work to join. I went on Taghub several times to find the complete top 10 list but it was nowhere that I could find. Still no data for CA and the deadline is 6/2.

I will try my Mac in the morning and see if it works any better...

Horniac
I used my Mac this morning. The login screen appears/works on the MacBook. This is the screen I get on my IPad. 3B236759-DBD7-40B3-BF2E-945EE3447858.png
The information is the same on both devices. The filterable data in the columns in the lower left quadrant is also easier to read with the wider screen on my MacBook.

Horniac

Jul 14, 2011
NorCal
The expanded Blog doesn’t show up on my I-Pad though. That’s why I wasn’t able to find it before I used my MacA0051DAB-073F-4F9E-B4E0-3ABD3F729F87.png5199C0D6-0F32-4C18-BE63-0ADBAA9BC88C.png
A0051DAB-073F-4F9E-B4E0-3ABD3F729F87.png5199C0D6-0F32-4C18-BE63-0ADBAA9BC88C.png
There is no header with the Blog link...

Horniac