Swarovski Spotter

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
Has anyone tried the new ATX with the new integrated zoom not on the eyepiece?
Curious if it’s better than the typical setup.
Thanks guys!

jimss

Jun 10, 2012
I just got a STS. It takes some getting used to with the focus ring towards the middle of the scope and power adjustment ring at the eyepiece. I'm pretty sure the ATX has both rings next to eachother near the eyepiece.

Now that I'm getting used to the STS setup I've pretty much memorized where both rings are located and automatically go back and forth to each without having to remember which one is which...and exactly where they are located. The STS is a big chunk less $.

I also have a Leica spotting scope and really like having both rings close to each other rather than having to go back and forth. I'm sure you will like the focus rings on the ATX.

Reactions: Bonecollector

jimss

Jun 10, 2012
I believe the ATX is a little more compact for trips than having a single body plus lens (since it is modular). Some may like the option of the smaller 65 body for backpack type hunts and switch over to the 95 when weight and bulk aren't that big a deal (truck hunts). The 95 definitely lets a lot more light in...especially in low light conditions. You may want a sturdy tripod if you go with the 95x!

Last edited:
Reactions: Bonecollector

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Just as a fyi if you see links such as these just click on the Report button in the lower left hand corner and one of the mods will take care of it.
I did and it looks like the poster and links are now gone.

Reactions: Winchester

CODAK

Aug 8, 2016
Johnstown, CO
Little late to this thread. I bought an ATX and 65mm objective last spring. It, for me, makes a huge difference over the ats. Many reasons include: crisper image, extremely packable, ability to buy multiple objectives, way better eye relief, and the most important of zooming in without losing sight of the target. I've used ats where when zooming, especially with big gloves on when its cold, you either have to take your eye off and zoom, or zoom in super shaky and re find your target. I have had situations where I needed to judge an animal fast and i'm not sure i could have done that without the ATX. With the atx the zoom is close to the base and tripod head where that issue goes away. Any other specific questions Bonecollector just holler. I've used this scope extensively over the last year from shooting, shed hunting, scouting, hunting, etc in just about every weather condition and am very happy i chose this combination. Buy once, cry once

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Just get the BTX 95 with the doubler and be done with it already. lol

Here, let me help you choose what to get.

Last edited:
Reactions: marcusvdk

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
I just want the chance to look through one.

Thats how much they cost....I'm too broke to look through one...lol thats funny.

Reactions: Winchester

Fatrascal

Apr 5, 2013
Spring Creek, Nevada
I've got the ATX and have used it for a couple of years. At first it took a little getting used to the zoom and focus ring being located together but you get used to it. Very nice system. Last year I added the BTX and fell in love with it. All in all I love the whole system. Fatrascal.