Successful coyote hunt this weekend!

Brocka

Jan 11, 2012
Enumclaw, Washington
My buddy Trav & I went and did a little coyote hunting this weekend, We got there Friday evening and got some to respond to our calls but nothing came in before it got dark. We went to the same spot in the morning and as we were following the wasteway walking to our spot we stopped and knelt down behind some sage brush and watched a flock of mallards land in a pond just in front of us, I turned back to Trav to say something and across the wasteway on the parallel trail were 2 dogs trotting along. My gun was in my gun scabbard since we were still walking but Trav was carrying his. I whispered to him "turn around, 2 yotes". Still hidden behind the brush he slowly spun 90 degrees to his left and pulled up. I gave a bark and they stopped broadside at 44 yards (ranged it later) across the wasteway. 1 shot with the .204 and he fell in his tracks! The other disappeared into the desert and we never saw it again. Great weekend passing the time before the fall. Not sure if it was the ones we heard from the night before or just pure luck & we were in the right place at the right time but either way it worked out! (Picture is of my hunting partner Travis)

IMG_1698.jpg

Last edited: