String Silencers?

Doe Nob

Very Active Member
Feb 21, 2011
Houston, TX
What is everyone using that they like on their compound?

I've been running monkey tails and they do work great and have a low profile, but they dont' seem to hold up worth a darn. And at $6 a pair twice a year at my bow shop, I'm thinking its time to look at other options :confused:

ivorytip

Veteran member
Mar 24, 2012
SE Idaho
i just use limb bands. I don't put nothing on my string. these newer bows are so quite that you really don't need much. a high quality quiver will help a lot with noise too. tight spot.

velvetfvr

Veteran member
May 6, 2012
Nv
Properly tuned bow and a heavy arrow can be just as effective if not better than string silencers. I don't use them

tdcour

Veteran member
Feb 28, 2013
Central Kansas
I use vapor trail strings and add a couple of theirs. I think they call them bat wings. Small profile and last a really long time. They usually last as long as my strings do, but I change those every other year usually. I used monkey tails when I had a mathews bow and wasn't impressed simply from the longevity like you said. I do agree that they really might not be needed with a newer bow, but it really depends on your setup. I use them... just because I guess

Doe Nob

Very Active Member
Feb 21, 2011
Houston, TX
I use vapor trail strings and add a couple of theirs. I think they call them bat wings. Small profile and last a really long time. They usually last as long as my strings do, but I change those every other year usually. I used monkey tails when I had a mathews bow and wasn't impressed simply from the longevity like you said. I do agree that they really might not be needed with a newer bow, but it really depends on your setup. I use them... just because I guess
A lot of stabilizers on the market have vibration dampening qualities also that can help but I went from a doinker to B stinger because that's not the point of the stabilizer and I shoot much better.

The make the bow quieter IMO unless you have a string stop, which is standard on most newer bows.

I'm shooting a Drenalin, 2007 vintage I think, no string stop.

Last edited: