Still Procrastinating?

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Are you still procrastinating like I was with the purchase of Wyoming PP's?

I kept on putting it off saying that I'll get it done, that is until today. I thought about them and then just sat down at the computer and got them bought. The way that I was going I needed a kick in the butt to get it done.

So don't be like me and just do it.:unsure:

Now I just need to get my Arizona Spring hunt application in.

Last edited:

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
At least the WY system is straight-forward. Just buy the points with no requirement to purchase a "non-refundable" qualifying license. I have always used my WY points for a GEN elk or area deer tag as soon as I was able to draw, but after this years hunt it looks like only antelope will be in reach within 6 or 7 years.

Reactions: Bonecollector

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
At least the WY system is straight-forward. Just buy the points with no requirement to purchase a "non-refundable" qualifying license. I have always used my WY points for a GEN elk or area deer tag as soon as I was able to draw, but after this years hunt it looks like only antelope will be in reach within 6 or 7 years.
Much the same here...

Reactions: RICMIC

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
I'm just waiting until they realize how much money they are missing out on by not requiring a "hunting license" like the surrounding states have

Reactions: HuskyMusky

Alabama

Veteran member
Feb 18, 2013
Sweet Home Alabama
No reason to let Wyoming have the money any earlier than you need to. I'll wait until the last week.
I had the same thinking for a while, then one year I kept putting it off and I didn't set a reminder. I remembered about an hour before the deadline, but I was working and couldn't tell my boss that I had to stop for that. Missing that one year cost me at least 3 years on the elk tag I want and a couple years for deer as well. Point creep is real and interest on $124 for 5 months is basically nothing.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
No reason to let Wyoming have the money any earlier than you need to. I'll wait until the last week.
I used to look at it this way until I realized that you will not earn very much interest on that money if it is in a standard bank account and if you have it in even a high interest account you still won't be loosing that much.

I also realized that I spend that amount of interest and more on just a single beer at times.

Reactions: DRUSS

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
Historically it hasn't bothered me to buy early. In light of recent changes and potential future changes, I am choosing to wait until the last minute to make decisions. Who knows what news will come out between now and October 31.

Reactions: Alabama

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
I used to look at it this way until I realized that you will not earn very much interest on that money if it is in a standard bank account and if you have it in even a high interest account you still won't be loosing that much.

I also realized that I spend that amount of interest and more on just a single beer at times.
And actually with the biden hyperinflation you would be better off to buy the points on the first day allowed.

• Haha
Reactions: kidoggy and JimP

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Since my hunting partner for the state of Wyoming passed away last year I am just going to pick up points and then cash them in on a easy hunt. I am still fighting my asthma condition that I aggravated while in Africa hiking out of a canyon. So buying points weather at the start of the process or the end doesn't matter that much just as long as I get the points and get to hunt in the next few years.

Reactions: kidoggy

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
I just bought mine and really can't remember.

Antelope is $31 and deer $41 I believe. I have no idea on the rest of the animals.

Alabama

Veteran member
Feb 18, 2013
Sweet Home Alabama
what does it cost to buy a point? for a non res.
Antelope $31
Deer $41
Elk $52
Moose $150
Sheep $150
No points for Bison or Mtn. Goat

I think the PP fees for antelope, deer, and elk are going to increase dramatically before next year. The special license price will increase too. I just hope it's not too much...

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
thank you.
I have no intention of buying points, I was simply curious.

I expected the prices would much higher than they are.
still, they are too high for me to want to waste my time and energy on another state.

good luck to those who do.

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
After burning my accumulated points in Colorado (10-deer, 11-elk), I only will play their game for a couple more years until I can use those few hunts for a final go in their state. That looks like a muzzy hunt for each. I didn't mind too much when the pt. fee went from $21 to $40, but the $85 for the "qualifying license" that I won't use ticks me off. I have a two week lull between the archery and rifle season in WY this year and plan to do some fishing, but I may just jump the border to do some grouse culling. JimP, I found a spot when I was down your way a few years ago that is due for some population thinning. Send me your ph# via PM and I may well give you a call.