Spring Turkey- Who Will Be Hunting Them...

ElkTrout

Veteran member
Feb 2, 2012
Parker, CO
I will be out in Kansas for a couple and then chase them in my home state of Colorado! Nothing like chasing merriams in the mountains. It is like spring elk hunting!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hunttrap

Jan 22, 2016
Eastern Nebraska
Hope to get one with the longbow, I got my first one 2 years ago with longbow and home made wooden arrow spot and stalk. Shot him at 2 steps. Took me 9 years of trying to get him. I get one for sure with the shotgun. Always good to have turkey in freezer

JEandAsGuide

Dec 11, 2012
Zachary, LA
I drew an Iowa tag and just found out yesterday that I also drew a Nevada tag. Lucky the seasons don?t conflict. I was just hoping start building points. Will probably combo the Nevada hunt with California since that?s a pretty good hike for 1 state. I couldn?t find any drawing statistics for turkeys but I do see that I drew the only nonresident tag for that hunt. Anyone ever hunted Mason Valley WMA in Nevada?
My daughter also drew the youth hunt for a WMA close the house so it should be a fun spring!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slugz

Veteran member
Oct 12, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
Mountain birds in Colorado.....I think the hardest to bag......and also my spring elk hunt:) Last year after timber thinning on my once productive turkey ridge.....the dang elk were in there. Not complaining but they seem to have run off the turkey.....and the roost trees got cut down :(

Son is gonna head over to Kansas I think also......seems like he can whack two over there I think.

Get out the hot oil and Panko!!!!

TonySkyline

Nov 30, 2017
Upstate NY is surprisingly one of the best states for Eastern gobblers. Tags are cheap

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

NEWHunter

Jun 11, 2016
Brookfield, WI
Hoping to help my son fill a tag each of the next two weekends, then help my Dad fill his tag and then two to of my own here in WI. Unfortunately the weather is looking a bit wet and cold. Good luck to everybody this spring.