Spotting Scope Tripods

Halliejo

Oct 15, 2019
We do most of our deer and elk hunting out east. This deer season I didn't draw a tag but went with my buddy who did as a spotter for him. I carried my spotting scope and used the tripod I use with my camera equipment at home. I found this tripod to be too heavy and bulky for field use and was wondering what others use while in the field.

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
Vortex has some cheaper lightweight tri pods.
There a lot out there available from cheapos to a ton of money. In my experience you get what you pay for.

Seggie333

Dec 15, 2021
Take a look at the SLIK Carbon Fiber tripods. They aren't the cheapest, but you get what you pay for. If you keep an eye out they have sales on them several times a year too.

Reactions: idcwby and Slugz

DRUSS

Very Active Member
Jun 22, 2014
nw oregon
lot of options out there Surui, manfrotto, outdoorsmans, zeiss, swarovski, Gitzo, Slik. Hard to pick one, need to find what fits you the best.

jbRiMP9

Jul 5, 2019
If you are budget driven like me, I would suggest these Carson TriForce . I have had it for several years. Super solid and a good compromise between weight and price.
Maybe it was about 60-70 bucks.

Last edited:

Shelwford

Apr 9, 2022
Spotting scopes are tools that powerful and expensive. Though, they are not as complicated or hard to use as you might think. So, how can you tell if one is decent enough to buy? Today, I'll share with you a guide on spotting scope tripods. Some of these points may seem obvious, but apparently, a lot of people still make these mistakes when buying a spotting scope tripod. When it comes to spotting scopes, the tripod is almost as important as the spotting scope itself. The best tripod for spotting scopes will be sturdy, adjustable, lightweight, and easy to carry. What tripod you choose depends on how you'll most often use your spotting scope and how much you are willing to spend. Here's everything you need to know about choosing a spotting scope tripod.
A tripod is the most important accessory for your spotting scope. If you are serious about your nature watching you need to get a high-quality tripod, so here are 10 points to look out for when buying one. Scope tripods have been around for a long time. However, their uses, their price, and their appeal to the general public have really changed in the last several years. The idea of hunting for a scope tripod that fits your needs and budget can be very challenging. This is because there are so many options when it comes to these complex pieces of equipment. I have found that there are three items that you will want to consider when looking at this section of equipment.

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
Bumping this guy up, its gear buying season and I'm sure there are a few out there that need to be talked about. I have the new backpacking model from Muley Maniacs, pretty excited to use it elk hunting soon.