Sons new Proof Research 300 win mag

sneakypete

Veteran member
Aug 9, 2011
Oakdale Ca.
My son ordered this Proof Research back in January and received it last week! Seven rounds fired at the range 190 grain black hills ammo. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg. Not bad either!

Matthoek21

Veteran member
Mar 18, 2011
Peachtree City, GA.
Yea I agree. How come your boy is reverse handed? Is it because y'all are from the left coast? :p

Sweet looking gun though. Hope he smokes something. I assume he will be up in MT with ya again?

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
I see his outerwear attire is the same as my son, winter coat and shorts!!

sneakypete

Veteran member
Aug 9, 2011
Oakdale Ca.
Yep, his attire is shorts all the time. Last Saturday was a very good day for him to. He shot his new gun very well and put an offer in on a home that was excepted! Very proud of him and all my kids!

sneakypete

Veteran member
Aug 9, 2011
Oakdale Ca.
Tim, thanks . It sue is impressive and light. I talked to him today and he wants me to come over Sunday so we can shoot together.

sneakypete

Veteran member
Aug 9, 2011
Oakdale Ca.
The target was 100 yards! It has the new Leupold vx3i 4.5x14 on it with side focus! Tim, I don't know if he's going to switch from the black hills 190 grain. Any suggestions? That's the round Proof suggested he shoot.

Tim McCoy

Veteran member
Dec 15, 2014
Oregon
If that round shoots as well as he likes, I'm sure it will be fine, I'm not sure what bullet they use however. If the accuracy is not where he wants, Double Tap and HSM both offer some long range specific loads, probably others too. Would allow him to try Bergers, Barnes LRX, LR AB, etc, if needed. I've also used some custom ammo loaders sample packs, where in a 20 round box, you'll have 4 different bullets to try. But if the Black Hills makes him happy amd has a bullet capable of taking his target species, great.