Small Pistol Safe

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Dito with CC

But if you have kids running around the house I can understand the need for a safe place.

While it isn't this brand a friend went through about a dozen of a different brand before he finally gave up. I think that it was ones with biometric identification or what ever you call the ones that use your fingerprints for identification.

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
Dito with CC

But if you have kids running around the house I can understand the need for a safe place.

While it isn't this brand a friend went through about a dozen of a different brand before he finally gave up. I think that it was ones with biometric identification or what ever you call the ones that use your fingerprints for identification.
Yep. No kids here.

Reactions: lukew

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
a kid who can't be trusted with a gun ain't worth keepin round. neither are their parents.

I grew up in a household full of guns that were kept loaded and not locked up had many siblings and not one of us had a so called " accident".

I am not opposed to stupidity preventing procreation of more stupidity.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
a kid who can't be trusted with a gun ain't worth keepin round. neither are their parents.

I grew up in a household full of guns that were kept loaded and not locked up had many siblings and not one of us had a so called " accident".

I am not opposed to stupidity preventing procreation of more stupidity.
The problem arises when a kid brings their friend over.

I always knew where the firearms and ammo were kept while I was growing up. I also knew what would happen to me if I got one out even just to look at it without my dad being there.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
The problem arises when a kid brings their friend over.

I always knew where the firearms and ammo were kept while I was growing up. I also knew what would happen to me if I got one out even just to look at it without my dad being there.
that is the entire problem . parents don't teach their kids responsibility any more . now they teach them to be followers instead of thinkers.
I believe it is because parents today don't love their children enough to be the bad guy .

all us kids knew better then to play around with a gun. dad woulda skun our hides!

lukew

Administrator
Jul 1, 2019
I have a safe for my bedside table with a key.
If other people are in the house I keep it locked.
When I'm going to bed I unlock it ... don't want to fiddle with a key, combination or biometrics in the dark.
That makes a lot of sense!

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
Guns need to be locked up anytime there are kids around. Believing a stern hand from dad is all that is necessary to keep guns out of children's hands is ridiculous. How many kids have never disobeyed their parents? Zero.

Reactions: Winchester

Rich M

Very Active Member
Oct 16, 2012
Guns need to be locked up anytime there are kids around. Believing a stern hand from dad is all that is necessary to keep guns out of children's hands is ridiculous. How many kids have never disobeyed their parents? Zero.
It worked for myself and my sister, couple other guys on here too.

Spank or "talk"? Guess which one works... ;)

Reactions: kidoggy

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011

We just had a 2 year old shoot his 18 year old brother back in August. When was the last time you could reason with a 2 year old or threaten them?

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011

And to answer your smartass response, the gun safe is the only way to keep kids from getting their hands on guns. Lots of tough guys here talking like their words have somekind of special super powers that are going to keep guns out of kids hands.

Winchester

Veteran member
Mar 27, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
All Hail kidoggy!
Once again he regails us with wisdom on all things great and small; covid, vaccinations, politics, finances and even parenting. All this despite having no formal training or education what-so-ever on these topics. Remarkable!
This time we learn there's no need to lock away weapons from small children, merely tell them to leave them alone and they will be safe!
Wonderful!

... but I think I'll keep mine locked up anyway.
... you know, just in case he's wrong.