Shoot or Pass?

DoubleDropMuley

Apr 18, 2020
In Wyoming I’d pass and go get a whitetail if it was a general license, shot a few deer and I think whitetails are better eating, but If it was out of state I’d probably be pulling the trigger only cause it’s not cheap to eat that kinda tag soup !!

mosquito

Nov 1, 2012
NE ohio
I suppose its all on the individual. From an ohio guy with 7 pp who has never killed a mule deer. Family and bills and super busy .... i would shoot it without hesitation. Look up and say thank you and be super proud of myself. You should be too. If i lived out west and been hunting them since i was a kid who knows. Nice deer

Buckbob

Jan 22, 2018
Michigan
Without hesitation I'm letting one fly, but I've also never shot one and live in Michigan, if I lived out west maybe not?

memtb

There are several reasons that I would pass. First, the deer appears to be somewhat “skylined”, add to this the poor visibility.......know what is beyond your target! I’ve passed on a far better buck, because he was “skylined”! As I “will” get a bullet pass-through.....a risk I will not take.

While of decent width, this is what we often refer to as a “Willow-horn” buck! I’ll leave him for someone else....in a safer shooting position! memtb