September? WTF

Timber Stalker

May 22, 2020
I must be old fashioned, lately the young men and women in my family have been having kids and getting married in September. Do these young fold not think ahead these days? September is , well I don’t need to tell you guys…
I’ll be missing a couple weddings and birthday parties next fall.

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
I hear you! I got married (58 years ago) in October. But there were good reasons for picking the date and time. The day we were married was my wife's grandparents 50 wedding anniversary, my grandfather & great grandfather's and my wife's birthday. It has brought us good luck for 58 years and I can work my fall hunting around the date.

Reactions: Timber Stalker

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
A lot of it is falling right in line with people giving up hunting.

Many years ago my niece planned out her wedding but she asked her dad if there were any hunts going on during that time, there were but he gave her the OK to schedule her wedding for whenever she wanted it.

I got married 2 weeks ahead of the bow hunt.

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
I got married Oct 5th. Opening day of deer season in most units in Nv.
I asked my wife if she was sure about this day and to understand that I wouldn’t be home for our anniversaries pretty much ever! Lol Well it was either good for her cause we would celebrate the weekend before if I was going to be hunting or when I got back. I would usually do a little extra for her when I was gone cause I felt a little guilty.
The cool think is when she started hunting with me and hunting her own tags we have spent a few anniversaries in deer camp. Good times!

DRUSS

Very Active Member
Jun 22, 2014
nw oregon
married my Wife in late June , she had a few dates as options to review and wanted a outdoor wedding. This year will be 19yrs going good!!!
plenty of missed wedding and birthdays September thru November though. Others planning is OK with me, just dont expect much of me during the busy months :)

Reactions: ScottR

nv-hunter

Veteran member
Feb 28, 2011
Reno
I got married the second time while in deer camp to my wife as she was my hunting partner. I had a suite reserved in town and she asked to go back to camp after dinner.

tim

Veteran member
Jun 4, 2011
north idaho
tru dat, but the high country mountain biking is out of this world in septmeber and Hells Canyon and the Lower salmon river canyons are great for multi day rafting that time of year. I am just not a normal hunter. Most of my hunting is october and november, with an occasional (every few years) septmeber hunt.

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
tru dat, but the high country mountain biking is out of this world in septmeber and Hells Canyon and the Lower salmon river canyons are great for multi day rafting that time of year. I am just not a normal hunter. Most of my hunting is october and november, with an occasional (every few years) septmeber hunt.
As I get older my seasons are shifting more to October and November for sure.

idcwby

Administrator
Jun 23, 2015
Idaho
Had two cousins screw up archery season last year because they decided to get married in the middle of it.

youngbuck2

Nov 4, 2016
Minnesota
Like RICMIC, I also got married the 6th of October. When my wife picked that date, I informed her that it was waterfowl opener that year and that I would be going hunting in the morning. Her response was "as long as youre at the church in time for pictures, have at it!" So me and my wedding party hit the duck blind at first light. Havent missed a Oct. 6 duck hunt in 10 years!

Reactions: RICMIC