Sd ?

AT Hiker

Very Active Member
Aug 2, 2012
Tennessee
So it appears you cannot purchase NR South Dakota deer points now without applying in the regular draws. Is this correct? I just went in to buy points and things have changed since last year.

Guess I will call them tomorrow and see what I?m missing unless someone here can set me straight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cking13

May 20, 2017
VA
I was wondering the same thing. I asked the game and fish department but haven?t received an answer from them yet.

I received this answer from another I individual though.

AT Hiker

Very Active Member
Aug 2, 2012
Tennessee
Interesting. Nothing on the website, that I can find, says anything like that .

I will report back here if I find anything out.

cking13

May 20, 2017
VA
I?m just now toying with the idea of getting points for SD. On the website it looks like it only takes 2 points to draw a black hills deer tag or did I read something wrong?

AT Hiker

Very Active Member
Aug 2, 2012
Tennessee
For the any whitetail tag that?s probably correct. I?m planning for the any deer tag, which is more and since SD has been changing things I?m not sure what the odds are any more for a NR.

raspy

Apr 15, 2016
ND
They allot 8 percent of the tags to non residents. Have to figure out how many tags they give out in the unit and what the stats are from previous season. Should get you in the ball park of how many points you need to draw

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
The wife and I have several points in South Dakota right now. I received this e-mail the other day.

Capture.JPG

Last edited:

Horsenhike

Very Active Member
Nov 11, 2015
Eastern SD
Thank you!

You think they would put it somewhere that?s easy to find. I bet they are getting bombarded with this question.

LOL. There is no chance you will even get the same answer from different people in that organization. They are in the midst of a top to bottom overhaul of the deer draw, and I don't think it's gonna be pretty.

Might work out for me though. ��