Scouting 2016

ColoradoV

Very Active Member
Oct 4, 2011
The optics = I shoot through is a zeiss 85mm spotter with a old tines up adapter and a canon quick shot camera. Zoom in the camera to 12x and I can take pics up to and over a mile away w clarity you can tell what is in the picture.

Saw over 50 bucks in the past few days of looking around and starting to get a plan of who to chase for the archery season here. Only one more weekend to scout...

Here is a cool 3x4 from this weekend that is looking good.

7shot

Mar 26, 2015
Idaho
Went out looking around and got this shot of a couple bulls from about 1 mile in the 95 mm swaro and cell phone scope. Bulls are shedding velvet the one in front had white antlers and the bull in back was still in velvet.

My friend asked, "why you packing that big spotter and heavy tripod?" Two reasons, photos like this and I could see super good details on bulls 2 miles away, and lastly so my legs get a better workout going up those hills in pre season. Come season, the big scope stays home.

20160812_194706.jpg

ColoradoV

Very Active Member
Oct 4, 2011
Well a short 4 day work week then off I go for the first week of archery here in Co. As fun as the scouting has been it will be fun to be out with bow in hand. Here are 4 more bucks from the past little while.