Scarce .22 Target Ammo

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
I run and shoot in a winter bulls eye pistol league and need some .22 rimfire target ammo. I usually by 3 or 4 bricks at a time and I am down to about 250 rounds, Looked at all of my normal suppliers and none had any .22 rimfire ammo. I didn't realize there was a problem, but bad on me. I am on several suppliers "notification" list when any comes in, hope it is soon. Anyone got any suggestions.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Since the peaceful protest started this last summer just about any ammo has been hard to find.

What brand are you looking for?

On 22lr I haven't even bothered looking for a couple of years since Cabela's had a sale with free shipping on it and I picked up around 4,000 rounds of the Federal's that my 10/22 and a couple of pistols like.

I think that it is to the point with ammo anymore that if you are shooting a factory round then you need to stockpile a few years worth of it when you see that it is available, even if it is at a higher price than you like to pay.

I'm just glad that I reload and have enough components for then next few years stockpiled for my center fire rifles and pistols. As long as Trump gets voted back in I may spend enough to give myself a lifetime supply here in the next couple of years. If Biden gets in I'll have to wait since you won't even be able to find any caps for your cap pistol.

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
I prefer to shoot Aguila Match Pistol, but Federal or CCI match will work also. I havn't bought any in 2 or 3 years, as I bought 5 bricks the last time I bought some. I usually shoot a couple of bricks over the winter, depending on how much I practice. Our Bulls Eye League starts early November and ends first week of April.

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
Try gunbot.net

Basically it's the Google search of ammo at different sites.
Once on the site click on caliber, then sort by price per round, or manufacturer.

Good luck!

Reactions: Colorado Cowboy

dan maule

Very Active Member
Jan 3, 2015
Upper Michigan
I actually just purchased 400 rounds of CCI mini mags from Walmart (all that they had). I couldn't find any and happened to be in Walmart so I thought I would check. I was shocked that they had it. I can only assume that most folks just figured that if everyone else was out that there was no chance Walmart would have any, you may want to check if you haven't already.

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
Yeah, I'm having a hard time finding 12guage winchester BRI Sabots. I've checked about 20 online stores and several brick and mortar places. They are out of everything. My BIL bought a new slug gun that i mounted a scope on and was going to sight it in for him and I can't find any ammo.

Mr Drysdale

Mar 24, 2013
I do not reload. Got stuck a few years back when we had the last ammunition shortage. It won’t happen again. From 22 to 300WM and everything in between I’m stocked.

Reactions: JimP

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
CC, on the notify me list you have to watch that real close.

A few years ago I needed some powder real bad and was on a dozen or so notify list. Then I got the email that one supplier had some in stock. I went right onto their web site and it was sold out. I started to look at each web site a couple times a day until finally I saw what I wanted was back in stock. I ordered it on the spot. It wasn't until a few hours later when I finally got the email that they had it back in stock, just for chuckles I took a look and yep, it was again sold out. I have no idea of how much they had got but it disappeared fairly quickly once it was back in stock.

I'm sure ammo will be the same way for a while.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
at least buttwipe is back on the shelves.

you do understand that there is no shortage right??????????? this is just a ploy companies use to keep prices up.
fear mongering works well. whenever they do put a bit out folks buy it all up from fear it won't be available again for awhile.

consumers never fail to comply

Last edited:

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
I know a person that has a 30 year supply of TP. He bought a lot of it during the panic and then once it was back in good supply he bought more.

I asked him if he was going to eat it and how did it taste.

He is also one of these type of folks that will buy a store out of something just because he can..

• Haha
Reactions: kidoggy

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
I met Dave (Winchester) yesterday in Gunnison, a good meeting place between both of our home locations. We had lunch and a great conversation. He is a veteran too and we have a lot in common. He gave me 4 bricks of target .22 ammunition and I agreed to help him with a Colorado antelope hunt in a unit I am familiar with. It was a great trade and the start of a friendship for sure. Thanks to Winchester. The folks here on Eastman's Forum are incredible.