Recommended Day Pack

nv-hunter

Veteran member
Feb 28, 2011
Reno
I like my badlands. It's much quieter than a lot of the cordura fabrics that are out there. It holds all of my unnecessary junk that for some reason I continue to carry with me. lol
The new style 2200 is my go to pack and will handle a elk quarter no issue but collapses enough for a day pay usage

Reactions: disabled combat vet

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
The lumbar pad works well for the curvature of my back. I have also replaced the belt with the larger winged belt from the Battleship. This has helped tremendously for heavier loads.

Reactions: disabled combat vet

disabled combat vet

Jul 13, 2019
Pueblo, Colorado
The lumbar pad works well for the curvature of my back. I have also replaced the belt with the larger winged belt from the Battleship. This has helped tremendously for heavier loads.
ok thank you!!!!

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
The Eberle F1 mainframe is the most comfortable pack that I have ever used. I already had the "duffle" from the Just One pack, and add the batwings when needed. The only thing that I don't like is that the meat shelf doesn't allow for sitting down on a slope and comfortably leaning back on the pack while glassing or taking a rest. The shelf and a saddle don't get along while on horseback either.

disabled combat vet

Jul 13, 2019
Pueblo, Colorado
I just want something simple and not expensive, I won't be packing out meat on it, I will be only walking in a couple of miles, I want a lightweight pack for water, garmin, ammo, headlamps, batteries, knives basic things.

Reactions: Lou (Louis)

DRUSS

Very Active Member
Jun 22, 2014
nw oregon
if not packing any loads over 20-40# maybe the Kuiu venture? I also used to own a Nimrod pack that I really liked. it was quiet and waterproof, i just didnt like how it was setup for packing a load of meat. my packs are setup to be able to pack a meat load whenever im lucky enough to do so

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
Packs are alot like boots, you should try them on. You can also spend alot of money on packs.

Things to focus on:
  • Do you want a pack that supports a water bladder
  • Do you want a pack to support your rifle? If so do you want a pack with built in scabbard ordo you wAnt to attach rifle to front.
  • Make sure the pack works with your bino harness if you wear one.
  • Weight matters. Even for day packs
  • You will want a pack with a wide waste belt to put theweigt on your hips instead of shoulders.
I think it would be a really good time to be checking the classified sections on hunting forums for a nice used pack. With hunting season over for most and guys getting new packs for Christmas you might find a great deal on a pack. Ill keep my eyes open and will pm you links to check out if i come across something.

Reactions: DRUSS and Slugz

Slugz

Veteran member
Oct 12, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
Packs are alot like boots, you should try them on. You can also spend alot of money on packs.

Things to focus on:
  • Do you want a pack that supports a water bladder
  • Do you want a pack to support your rifle? If so do you want a pack with built in scabbard ordo you wAnt to attach rifle to front.
  • Make sure the pack works with your bino harness if you wear one.
  • Weight matters. Even for day packs
  • You will want a pack with a wide waste belt to put theweigt on your hips instead of shoulders.
I think it would be a really good time to be checking the classified sections on hunting forums for a nice used pack. With hunting season over for most and guys getting new packs for Christmas you might find a great deal on a pack. Ill keep my eyes open and will pm you links to check out if i come across something.
Good point. Ton of stuff on RS popping up daily.