Rattlesnake issue

Sawfish

Very Active Member
Jun 9, 2011
Peoples Republik of Kalifornia
I'll have to try the mothballs and see if they work on the mice.
Mothballs will absolutely work on snakes, mice, rats, etc.. Had to use those on our lake house in Louisiana. Mice got into the house, and the snakes followed the mice. Never actually saw a snake in the house, but found a couple of 6'+ snake skins inside. If you can find the entry point, close up the opening, otherwise, the infestation may re-occur once the mothball perfume wears off. Ground mothballs are what is sold as "snake repellent" by many stores.

velvetfvr

Veteran member
May 6, 2012
Nv
The University of Google suggests that I can get a peice of plywood and coat it with Trapper glue adhesive, the same glue used to make mouse glue traps. It says that if a snake tries to crosss the plywood it gets stuck just like a mouse. I'm planning an all out assault, probably use a combination of glue boards, moth balls, .22 bird shot, and some kind of fumagation.
Man that would be fun to see! LOL

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk 🎯 🇺🇸

wapiti66

Aug 21, 2011
Kansas
That sticky board sounds good to me...had a small gardener snake in my basement bedroom as a kid get stuck to those sticky traps we used to capture bugs. He was definately stuck with no hope of getting away up until the point I contacted him with the 12 gauge...which proved to be plenty of power to remove the snake from the sticky trap.

JMSZ

Sep 5, 2012
The University of Google suggests that I can get a peice of plywood and coat it with Trapper glue adhesive, the same glue used to make mouse glue traps. It says that if a snake tries to crosss the plywood it gets stuck just like a mouse. I'm planning an all out assault, probably use a combination of glue boards, moth balls, .22 bird shot, and some kind of fumagation.
That stuff sounds like it would make for some good entertainment...chairs, floors, etc, depending on how hard is is to clean off.

JMSZ

Sep 5, 2012
Mothballs will absolutely work on snakes, mice, rats, etc.. Had to use those on our lake house in Louisiana. Mice got into the house, and the snakes followed the mice. Never actually saw a snake in the house, but found a couple of 6'+ snake skins inside. If you can find the entry point, close up the opening, otherwise, the infestation may re-occur once the mothball perfume wears off. Ground mothballs are what is sold as "snake repellent" by many stores.
We have a doggy door where they get in the house occasionally and they're getting into the garage regularly, so I'll play around with some mothball deployment methods.