rattle snake hunting with a bow

HuntWYODon

Very Active Member
Dec 19, 2011
Kalifornia
Your crazy man! I didn't know snakes live that long.
Yeah, some can like 25 yrs. One of my boa's is 18 yrs. old and my big Burmese Python (17 ft.) is 15 yrs. old and have a 6 ft. Salvator (Water) monitor lizard I've had for almost 19 yrs. old. He's tame as a dog . He weighs 45 lbs. The Python weighs over 200 lbs. !
Heck, I had to put my dog down a couple yrs. ago and he was 16 1/2 yrs. old. A lab mix.

Last edited:

Fink

Veteran member
Apr 7, 2011
West Side, MoMo
Yeah, some can like 25 yrs. One of my boa's is 18 yrs. old and my big Burmese Python (17 ft.) is 15 yrs. old and have a 6 ft. Salvator (Water) monitor lizard I've had for almost 19 yrs. old. He's tame as a dog . He weighs 45 lbs. The Python weighs over 200 lbs. !
Heck, I had to put my dog down a couple yrs. ago and he was 15 !/2 yrs. old. A lab mix.
I'm surprised the dog lived that long, with a 200lbs python hanging around!

HuntWYODon

Very Active Member
Dec 19, 2011
Kalifornia
I'm surprised the dog lived that long, with a 200lbs python hanging around!
LOL ! The snake is in a cage unless I let him out for exercise. My monitor lizard grew up with my dog and they got along fine. unless I left the dog food bowl on the floor. The monitor took over then. They were only one month apart. To this day the lizard doesn't fear dogs. He will lay out in my front yard sunning himself and when done crawl back in the garage and I'll put him in his cage. All the neighbors dig him. Some drive by real slow to see if he's in the yard. Maybe I'll post a pic.

Last edited:

hardstalk

Veteran member
Sep 13, 2011
vegas
Hwd your a different breed my man.More power to ya. Me. Personally I couldnt ever see myself living within proximity of a creature i cant communicate with that could kill me at any given moment. Like that lady with chimps who had them since they were babies who ended up getting her limbs ripped off one day when the chimps wanted to play around a bit... Hope you have some antivenom in the freezer.

HuntWYODon

Very Active Member
Dec 19, 2011
Kalifornia
Hwd your a different breed my man.More power to ya. Me. Personally I couldnt ever see myself living within proximity of a creature i cant communicate with that could kill me at any given moment. Like that lady with chimps who had them since they were babies who ended up getting her limbs ripped off one day when the chimps wanted to play around a bit... Hope you have some antivenom in the freezer.
Less chance of dying from a rattler bite than a chimp ripping your face off. I think I mentioned I was bit a few years ago in my garage. Not by my rattler. In 17 yrs. he's never struck or even rattled at me. He doesn't fear humans I suppose. Had him since born and have handled him since. If he ever bit it would most likely be a dry bite and not invenomate. I've raised and handled reptiles for 45+ years. I've been bit by more dogs than snakes and lizards. The nieghbor's little POS Dacshund or how ever you spell it bit me on the knee a month ago and finally healed. If he wasn't around I'd of given the wiener dog to my python.

Last edited: