lukew

Administrator
Jul 1, 2019

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
I have worked with the range finding binos and used the old set up with a range finder and binos. I prefer the range finding binos set up.

Reactions: Hilltop

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
I have used some range finding bino's and like them but can't justify the cost of them when you can buy them separately for less.

It is nice being able to look at the animal and just push a button and come up with the range but like anything there are trade offs. You also have to remember that most of us on here are just common folk. I would love to be able to spend $3000 on a piece of equipment but that just isn't in the cards for me and I am sure that there are quite a few on here that are in the same boat.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
I'm starting to see and hear more bad stuff about Vortex. Little problems that pop up that are hard to deal with in the field. One friend has what appears to be dust all over the inside of their spotting scope. Another is having problems with their binoculars holding focus.

While Vortex's warranty will cover these things they are not fun when you take them out on a hunt and have them start to happen to you.

The only Vortex product that I have is a range finder and it has worked for me as long as I keep a good battery in it.

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
I have a Sworovski range finder/bino combo. I've had it for about 10 years and it is great. The bino side is 10x and does have it's limitations. The RF part is out to 1600 yds and works great.

The thing I like is that it was actually pretty cheap. It was on sale at Christmas time at Cabelas for $999.00. I had a $100 rebate if I spent 1000.00, so I used it and got it for 899.00 including free shipping. Best thing is my wife bought it for me for Christmas.

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
I have a Sworovski range finder/bino combo. I've had it for about 10 years and it is great. The bino side is 10x and does have it's limitations. The RF part is out to 1600 yds and works great.

The thing I like is that it was actually pretty cheap. It was on sale at Christmas time at Cabelas for $999.00. I had a $100 rebate if I spent 1000.00, so I used it and got it for 899.00 including free shipping. Best thing is my wife bought it for me for Christmas.
Good woman right there!

Reactions: Colorado Cowboy