Post Your Best Mule Deer To Date

fackelberry

Aug 27, 2013
Wyoming
Yes, every time someone comes over to the house the big wide one always catches their eye. But he doesnt have much mass and he is actually missing about 6 inches of main beam on his right side, just never grew it. He has matching kickers off of both G2's, He is a really old buck. The narrow one i shot in Colorado in 2015, he is only 20.5 inches wide outside but has great mass and long tines and has extra in-line tines as well. He is actually a 6x7. I didnt get a real good look at him before i shot him, i thought he was a 6x5 and he looked good enough to me for public land. I didnt knowe he was as good as he was till i got him back to camp and scored him. i kept coming up with 192-193. i thought i was doing something wrong with measuring. I took it to a B&C scorer a few months later and he came up with 190&4/8. He definately is decieving to people because of his narrow rack. I should draw that area again this year, so hoping to find another wall hanger!

ando_31

Sep 14, 2012
ND
It's funny how scores work. A big, wide typical is sure impressive. The mass on the other buck is cool and with a few extras that score adds up.
I always liked the idea of doing a water displacement score for deer instead of measurements. I'm not a huge fan of getting scoring credit for air space between the antlers. I also have always been partial to taller muleys instead of wide ones. It is sometimes difficult to see the width from miles away, but good height always is a dead give away that you're looking at a buck.

ando_31

Sep 14, 2012
ND
Picture 138 closeup.jpgPicture 200.jpg
There is my best bow buck to date.

2016-2.jpg

Not my highest scoring rifle buck, but it is likely my favorite.

hntnnut

Feb 9, 2015
Here's my best. Shot within sight of downtown L.A. its a subspecies called California Mule Deer, and scores about 132" That's equivalent to a Rocky Mountain Mule Deer scoring about 180"-185".

Richard

2016-01-26 21.38.58.jpg

Last edited:

skyhigh

Feb 12, 2018
SD
Got my deer last season archery hunting in SD, it is my largest buck with any weapon to date, and scored 160" gross. Really looking forward to getting out hunting again.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Skynard

May 22, 2018
First archery buck back in 2010. Not a true mule deer, California black tail/mule deer
4EB0C679-8279-4B27-AB31-F1701248871D.jpg

Last edited: