pa elk hunting

BAKPAKR

May 10, 2018
Are there any of these PA elk on public land? Is there any public land in PA that's not overrun with hunters or all the elk on private land.
I have not been lucky enough to draw a tag but I have gone there to view elk. There is a lot of public land in many of the elk zones. There are very few tags so I doubt that you would be overrun with other elk hunters. Also, I think the firearms deer season is after the elk season, so you would not have those hunters to contend with.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
I see no downside to someone putting in if they desire the hunt.

can't take it with you and the kids surenheck probly don't deserve it. ;) :D

if you can afford it and desire it , why deny yourself of the possibility????????

Skibum81

Sep 18, 2015
Denver, CO
Are there any of these PA elk on public land? Is there any public land in PA that's not overrun with hunters or all the elk on private land.
Large portions of the Elk Zones are on Public land including a large portion in the Allegheny national forest. There are also so few tags that I cannot see crowding being a problem. You should not consider these as part of your draw strategy. They are lottery long shots that or more aligned to a donation to the PA game commission. But like any lottery you can't win if you don't play.

Reactions: shootbrownelk

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
To the people talking about crowding, I just have to laugh. Trust me, crowding wont be an issue IF you draw the tag...lol

This is NOT the elk hunting like you all are thinking....more of a seek and destroy type of hunt.

I have never hunted buffalo, but I can imagine it being compared to that.

Reactions: marcusvdk