Oregon member

Travisitguy

Sep 9, 2014
Bend, Oregon
Hi there from Oregon

My name is Travis. I am born and raised in Oregon. I grew up in the Rogue valley till I was around 19-20yrs old and then spent 9 years in Central Oregon, a job relocation in 2010 planted me east of Portland. I have been married for 11 years with a 9yr old son and 5yr old daughter along with a 19yr old step daughter starting college in the fall. Being 11yrs her senior is a challenge and her going to college is even more stressful although I am looking forward to Dads weekend in November GO Beavers!!

I've been a hunter since the age of 12, was fortunate enough to enjoy the Youth hunts that had just become available at the time and was successful harvesting my first Black Tail out of the Rogue Unit, a nice 3pt. I have since been fortunate to bag a few more black tail over the years all down in the Rogue Valley. I have also been fortunate enough to enjoy an Antelope hunt many years ago down below Hart Mt, I am looking for a return some day although he points system here has me chasing my tail. My favorite is probably elk hunting in North Eastern Oregon either for a draw hunt or the general season in November. We didn't succeed in our elk tag draw this year although we did draw a Steens Mule tag. This will be my first time to the Steens although my father has been there on a hunt it was more than 15yrs ago so I am sure much has changed. Life getting in the way this summer kept us from making any scouting trips so hopefully that wont hurt us to much. We will be there a few days prior to the hunt so with some luck and enough day like to glass we can come across a great representation of a Steens mule deer.

All in all hunting is and has been a great time for many years and is something I am looking forward to carry on with my son.

Take care,
Travis

Timberstalker

Veteran member
Feb 1, 2012
Bend, Or
Welcome Travis! tttoadman knows a little about the Steens;), I would definitely be chatting with him! I know what you mean about the chasing your tail with the points comment, I chased an antelope tag for 15 years, not doing that again!

Travisitguy

Sep 9, 2014
Bend, Oregon
yea those speed goats are getting to be a prize, what I don't understand though is how the point count for a unit goes up by 1 each year, how is anyone supposed to get a tag. From what I have been reading the Pronghorn's numbers have been doing good.

I will work on digging up some past hunting photos.

Travis