Options for Taxidermist Problems

wy-tex

Veteran member
May 2, 2016
SE Wyoming
Taxidermists have to be licensed in the state so contacting the GW just might get something moving. My contacts were of no use.

Yell Co AR Hunter

Very Active Member
Dec 10, 2015
Yell County Arkansas
I just got a call from the taxidermy guy I used in Wyoming. Killed 10-15-2017 should be at my office in Arkansas by the end of next week. He sent me the attached photo. He was a pleasure to do business with(Brent Wyoming Taxidermy Banner, WY)
imagejpeg_0(1).jpg

tim

Veteran member
Jun 4, 2011
north idaho
you might contact the local chamber of commerce and see if the business is still in business. maybe the guy is on a big vacation.

wjohnson1983

Jun 19, 2014
Harvest, AL
I'd rather not post the name up until the situation is resolved just in case the taxi frequents hunting forums. Even though I have not said anything derogatory at this point. I'm sure with some sleuthing you can find out who it is though. I've asked questions/discussed the taxi on another thread before.

Another member on here had the same problem as I do, but did receive their 2016 mount earlier this month.

The taxi website does state 12 - 18 months dependent on work load, and I am at about 16 months right now. Honestly the time isn't what is bothering me. It's the lack of communication and not being a straight shooter on what is actually going on.

I will be calling F & G if I don't make contact soon.

Manualman

Aug 10, 2011
North Jersey
My deer head came out excellent but I don’t know what his malfunction is that he can’t return calls or E-Mails. I dropped the head off on 10/24/16 and he said it would be done by June or July. He called 12/21/17 and said it was done and took a couple more weeks to get it

wy-tex

Veteran member
May 2, 2016
SE Wyoming
Sounds like he is really busy. Have you tried leaving a message that you want to send final payment before it's done, he might reply to that and at least you'll get to talk with him.

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
If he text back I wouldn't mess with him... At least you know he is alive and aware that you are concerned. I would give him a few weeks.

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
That guy must not need money... weird. If it was on the form drying first week of February it would have been done in late February/early March.

Highknob

Jan 23, 2013
One year is probably standard for average taxi. I gave mine a $200 tip to do my grandson's in 3 wks for a Christmas present.