Opening The Can Of Worms...Coronavirus...

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
Well Bama and O'Biden were running the show then, soooooo there's your answer. Many people died during their administration without a peep, remember Benghazi?
That's a whole different topic though.

Something I heard on the radio the other day was interesting though about this exact topic. If Cornavirous was named Cornaflu, just like Swineflu, would it be as big of a deal?

Reactions: kidoggy

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
I don't want my family to get covid-19 so we are doing the self quarantine. I'm hopeful we can make it until a vaccine is made available. My company went work from home 3 weeks ago, but thats pretty easy for us as a software company. Everyone i deal with is mostly on the west coast and we are here in the central time zone so we have communicated virtually for 20 years. Its been like a pay raise since because I have a 100 mile round trip to work that I don't have to do not to mention the wear and tear on the car. I feel very fortunate that I don't have to drive in to a job. Maybe 3 or 4 years ago I had the swab test being done currently for the virus to determine if I had a sinus infection. Its a horrible test. When they did it to me my sinus cavity burst open and blood exploded out of my nose, all over me, the floor, the nurse. I just about passed out.

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
The quickest way to end this latest "pandemic" is to do nothing. Soon, just about everyone will get it, and the survivors will have the antibodies to avoid a reoccurrence. It's like vaccination....if enough folks get them, the few that don't have little chance of getting the specific illness. BUT, here's the downside of doing this: Worldwide, millions would die. Much like the 1918 flu.
It would totally overwhelm the health services and treatment for other medical issues would suffer severely.
The general "panic" would take over. With all the doomsday type movies, social media, political grand-standing, and just plain idiots caring only for themselves, it would be impossible to keep the lid on.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
The quickest way to end this latest "pandemic" is to do nothing. Soon, just about everyone will get it, and the survivors will have the antibodies to avoid a reoccurrence. It's like vaccination....if enough folks get them, the few that don't have little chance of getting the specific illness. BUT, here's the downside of doing this: Worldwide, millions would die. Much like the 1918 flu.
It would totally overwhelm the health services and treatment for other medical issues would suffer severely.
The general "panic" would take over. With all the doomsday type movies, social media, political grand-standing, and just plain idiots caring only for themselves, it would be impossible to keep the lid on.
ON the upside (I always look for the upside :D ) social security would be saved for future generations.

ColoradoV

Very Active Member
Oct 4, 2011
San Juan county issued a “locals only” policy yesterday on all public land in the county as to protect its EMS workers. Drive through only for everyone else... No skiing, hiking, or snowmachines...

I like the policy and expect more counties/sheriffs to follow suit.

Sounds like a real good chance or I would plan on most of not all public land will be closed unless you have residence in county through at least archery seasons and pry longer.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Three counties in Utah did the same thing the other day.

Carbon, Emery, and Grand Counties. Grand County is where Moab is located

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
What a load of crap! Does this mean that if I have a favorite place to snowmobile, cross country ski or hike and I usually park at a trail head next to a state/county road, I can't now. Colorado has not ordered everybody to stay inside or banned outside travel, so how can this county sheriff tell me I can't park alongside a county/state road on public land?

Rant over...................

Last edited:

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
What a load of crap! Does this mean that if I have a favorite place to snowmobile, cross country ski or hike and I usually park at a trail head next to a state/county road, I can't now. Colorado has not ordered everybody to stay inside or banned outside travel, so how can this county sheriff tell me I can't park alongside a county/state road on public land?

Rant over...................
exercise your rights and sue him.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
welp, idahos governor just ordered all stay home ,shelter in place , so looks like I have no where to be for 21 days.

oh well, at least now I can be home to guard my TP stash. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

dan maule

Very Active Member
Jan 3, 2015
Upper Michigan
I am all for doing whatever I can to protect everyone from this virus, I may not agree with everything but I can be a team player. Monday night everyone in Michigan received an alert on our cell phones telling us that you are not to leave your home unless you are deemed and essential worker and several other circumstances like buying groceries. What worries me most is the potential precedence it sets for future liberal Governors on a power trip.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
yeah. I still think it's just another virus being hyped by media spin . I agree with trump that the cure is going to be worst then the disease but I can hunker down for a few weeks if it helps get the panic out of folks.
it won't but I can be a team player ,even if I do think the team sucks.

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
TEAMWORK

Reminds me of when I played baseball. I quickly realized at a young age that my team didn't suck, it was me that sucked at baseball. But I still played for a few years giving it my best shot.

When I realized just how bad I truly was compared to the other kids I quit and then I realized just how much better I was on an individual level at killing animals than most of them....been hunting/fishing ever since.

For now, I will be a team player and work from home and keep my family abiding by the local shutdowns. Playing my part on the team.

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
yeah. I still think it's just another virus being hyped by media spin .
I thought the same too, but have changed my mind. The number of people coming down and dying from it in New York alone is enough for me to know that this is real! The big cities with concentrations of millions of people are perfect locations for this type of virus to breed and be spread. My county here in Colorado has less than 30,000 people spread out and not jammed together and we have not had a single case reported. Thank God I live in the country!