Official Post Padding Thread

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
My parents owened multiply dairy farms in Wisconsin. We were up 4 a.m., and went to bed at 10p.m. 7 days a week. My parents sold the dairy cows just before I finished high school, and went to just cash cropping, so I went to work for a neighbor. I put in about 55 hours a week there during high school, which was a cake walk, and I got paid! After high school I welded M-F 10 hour days, plus worked 28 hours on our neighbors farm on the weekends while I went to college full time, never borrowed a penny for college. When I graduated from college I continued to work on the farm part time for about 3 years, then I started my own businesses. My wife and I bought dilapidated houses, and renovated them to use as rentals or sell, and I cash cropped 380 acres of my own land till 2012 when an opportunity to move to Wyoming was just to sweet. I now get about 400 hours of OT a year beyond my scheduled 40 hour week, which the OT normally is late night early morning hours, but it just seems so easy compared to what I've done in the past. Love it that my wife and I got ourselves ahead in life so we can enjoy some time with our kids now. I've had guys I work with make some dumb a$$ comments about what I have, or what I buy. A 2 minute overview of my previous work life and they shut up.
I'll honestly say my kids just have the desire to work. My wife is cleaning the house, they jump right in and want to help. Anything from mowing lawn, weeding the garden, house repairs, house renovations, fixing cars. Their right there with there work cloths on wanting to dig right in, and get dirty.
My son is 10, and he already has plans of how when he's 12 he's starting his neighborhood lawn care business.
Sometimes in life you either got it, or you don't.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
My parents owened multiply dairy farms in Wisconsin. We were up 4 a.m., and went to bed at 10p.m. 7 days a week. My parents sold the dairy cows just before I finished high school, and went to just cash cropping, so I went to work for a neighbor. I put in about 55 hours a week there during high school, which was a cake walk, and I got paid! After high school I welded M-F 10 hour days, plus worked 28 hours on our neighbors farm on the weekends while I went to college full time, never borrowed a penny for college. When I graduated from college I continued to work on the farm part time for about 3 years, then I started my own businesses. My wife and I bought dilapidated houses, and renovated them to use as rentals or sell, and I cash cropped 380 acres of my own land till 2012 when an opportunity to move to Wyoming was just to sweet. I now get about 400 hours of OT a year beyond my scheduled 40 hour week, which the OT normally is late night early morning hours, but it just seems so easy compared to what I've done in the past. Love it that my wife and I got ourselves ahead in life so we can enjoy some time with our kids now. I've had guys I work with make some dumb a$$ comments about what I have, or what I buy. A 2 minute overview of my previous work life and they shut up.
I'll honestly say my kids just have the desire to work. My wife is cleaning the house, they jump right in and want to help. Anything from mowing lawn, weeding the garden, house repairs, house renovations, fixing cars. Their right there with there work cloths on wanting to dig right in, and get dirty.
My son is 10, and he already has plans of how when he's 12 he's starting his neighborhood lawn care business.
Sometimes in life you either got it, or you don't.
yup! being lazy is not conducive to growing wealth.

some don't got it , simply because they don't want it . I have no issues with those people either .so long as they are content with where they are and don't stand with their hands out expecting me to support them. nothing wrong with being content and happy.

I do get tired of those who say things like the man is keeping me down.
that is utter nonsense!
it is my firm belief that in this nation ,ANYONE can succeed IF they put in the time and sweat.

sure not all who try will succeed on first attempt, it also (sometimes) takes some intelligence and a bit of luck(but not always ) but I do believe ALL who stay the coarse will achieve their goals

Timberstalker

Veteran member
Feb 1, 2012
Bend, Or
I’m tired of dealing with smoke from Wildfires every summer. Sure wish we would log those trees instead of just letting them burn every year. Thanks tree huggers.

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
I’m tired of dealing with smoke from Wildfires every summer. Sure wish we would log those trees instead of just letting them burn every year. Thanks tree huggers.
Diddo.
Can I file a lawsuit for second hand smoke against the tree huggers because they prevented timber companies from logging the trees that are burning? Lol!

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
JimP...we will have to get together sometime and lift one or 2. I'll supply ..............

I'm more than willing to lift a few.

I was close to your neighborhood a couple of weeks ago when I was down in Blanding, Ut. checking out the unit that I have for Utah's deer hunt this October and actually thought about swinging over that way to come home.

dirtclod Az.

Veteran member
Jan 26, 2018
Arizona
I learned how to lift a few,maybe after I harvest my Javelina,and Deer in Jan..2019'Eh, JimP?No promises.May take longer than a day.:cool:

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
I learned how to lift a few,maybe after I harvest my Javelina,and Deer in Jan..2019'Eh, JimP?No promises.May take longer than a day.:cool:
We'll be staying in Catalina at a friends house for our hunt in 37b for those elusive little bowling balls that inhabit that desert. We could always get together for a evening around a campfire out in the hunting area or at our friends home.

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
We'll be staying in Catalina at a friends house for our hunt in 37b for those elusive little bowling balls that inhabit that desert. We could always get together for a evening around a campfire out in the hunting area or at our friends home.
Jim's a good guy C.C. he was a great host to me when we met up in the Colorado mountains last year. I still regret not stopping by your place in Delores when I was on tour several years ago. But, a motor home full of women (wife and granddaughters) determined my schedule. I hope to make it someday. You can't replace old friends, but can always make new ones.

tim

Veteran member
Jun 4, 2011
north idaho
I had a mtn lion cross the road in front of me yesterday about a 1\2 mile from the house. you could see the fat on him. I got to see him for a good 3-4 seconds.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Work, what's that?

Been there done that along with fighting with the boss to get hunting seasons off.

But then I am retired now and the only person that I have to answer to is myself so I get all the hunting seasons off that I want.