Official Post Padding Thread

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
No crap. That's one big Hombre! I think I've only seen one that big around here. He was chasing a roadrunner!

Musket Man

Veteran member
Jul 20, 2011
colfax, wa
Keep in mind its on a smaller 4wheeler (honda 300) and the 22-250 has a 22'' barrel! lol. Seriously I think its just how I took the pic cuz really its just an average size Yote.

Musket Man

Veteran member
Jul 20, 2011
colfax, wa
Lots of people tell me old deer dont taste good. I say I just had 1 of the best deer steaks I ever had and the buck it came from was atleast 10 years old!

tttoadman

Very Active Member
Nov 16, 2012
Oregon
I have a 1.2M bid due today, and i can't get away from this damn forum. How did this thread even start??

My personal favorites:
"Authority is taken, not given"
"Why do today what you can make someone else do tomorrow"

hardstalk

Veteran member
Sep 13, 2011
vegas
I have a 1.2M bid due today, and i can't get away from this damn forum. How did this thread even start??

My personal favorites:
Im a quote guy also. I have mirrors covered with them. Vinyl on the walls and tons on my phone and in files. Ill start posting a gooden' a day.

P.s good luck with the bid. Dont forget to add a lil something for your headache :)

Timberstalker

Veteran member
Feb 1, 2012
Bend, Or

My personal favorites:

Just bid 30% under engineer estimate and call it good !

tttoadman

Very Active Member
Nov 16, 2012
Oregon
Im a quote guy also. I have mirrors covered with them. Vinyl on the walls and tons on my phone and in files. Ill start posting a gooden' a day.

P.s good luck with the bid. Dont forget to add a lil something for your headache :)
I just had the greatest idea...................I will find some jobs to bid that are near some prime hunting areas, and tell my boss i need to do a site visit to get a better "feel" for the job. GENIUS!!

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
I just had the greatest idea...................I will find some jobs to bid that are near some prime hunting areas, and tell my boss i need to do a site visit to get a better "feel" for the job. GENIUS!!
I've tried this. It was hard to talk the boss into letting me go to the mountains to look at a refrigeration job.

Timberstalker

Veteran member
Feb 1, 2012
Bend, Or
I just heard there's a big job comming up between Paulina and Burns?? Pick me up on the way by, I can take notes for ya.

hardstalk

Veteran member
Sep 13, 2011
vegas
Or... You can find a good one thats t&m not to exceed ( enter amount here) and start setting trail cams like a guy I know......

Once a week I would haul ass in the mule and swap sd cards on my break. Just about got d17 figured out.

Last edited:

tttoadman

Very Active Member
Nov 16, 2012
Oregon
I just heard there's a big job comming up between Paulina and Burns?? Pick me up on the way by, I can take notes for ya.
That trip is coming up soon. As soon as the gates are open at Steens, I need to go and try to find my spotting scope. It's not a high dollar unit, but it is the only one i have. It was priceless as my brother and I were packing up to hike out at night and realized that I had set my scope and tripod on a rock when we were taking a rest. Shame on me for not putting it in my bag.

Any serious job related trip may need a photographer and a navigator as well. "Who are all these people on your expense report? do they work for us?"

JMSZ

Sep 5, 2012
1 less Yote in eastern WA:)

View attachment 5739
So what do you do with them, anyways?

I don't have livestock, we don't have wolves, I don't live in a area where the coyote populations are big enough to be a nuisance and I'm not going to eat one, so I've had no reason to hunt them.

I understand the need to deal with nuisance and threat animals and the need to control the populations.

What makes me curious is when I see a comment like yours or the other day when I saw a truck from Idaho with a "Smoke a pack a day" sticker. Makes it seem like coyotes and wolves in general are just pests that need to be eradicated.

It's just me mulling it over for my personal satisfaction, so I'm not looking to get in on the deabte about whether to hunt them or not, just curious to hear a view from that side.

Last edited:

packmule

Veteran member
Jun 21, 2011
TX
The last coyote I shot was fubar...I was driving through the pasture using the "Sounds like something's dying" Taylor Swift call on the radio and he ran in to check it out. He was shot with a 300wm while fleeing the scene of the accident.