Not what I expected

Triple BB

Jun 22, 2013
Wyoming
I've hunted 74 every year for the last 6 - 8 years. Its a good area, however quality has been down the past few years so I decided to give 73 a shot this year. One piece of bad advice yer getting is hunting only the latter part of the season. Many of the goats in 74 don't winter in 74. If we get a nasty snow storm, you'll see a lot of goats move out of the area and they won't come back. I asked the warden who works that area one year where they go and he said most of them move closer towards Riverton. I've seen it several times in past years...

cking13

May 20, 2017
VA
I've hunted 74 every year for the last 6 - 8 years. Its a good area, however quality has been down the past few years so I decided to give 73 a shot this year. One piece of bad advice yer getting is hunting only the latter part of the season. Many of the goats in 74 don't winter in 74. If we get a nasty snow storm, you'll see a lot of goats move out of the area and they won't come back. I asked the warden who works that area one year where they go and he said most of them move closer towards Riverton. I've seen it several times in past years...
I'm finding that picking the right time to go is a challenge. Maybe the last week in September after the crowd dies down and before a major snowfall...hopefully.