Non Res, 7 deer and 5 antelope pts... where to apply?

cgeminski

Feb 23, 2016
Long Island, NY
www.facebook.com
My buddy and I are Non- Residents and have 7 mule deer and 5 antelope points in Wyoming. We want to hunt open country (no wilderness), public land and 100% DIY. Any advice on what units to apply for? We would prefer units that are close together... we plan on hunting Antelope first, then changing over to muleys once we have filled our speed goat tags. We dont mind driving to another area if necessary.

Any advice, shared experience or tips would be appreciated. Although we have hunted out west before for muleys, this will be our first WY hunt and first for antelope. Thanks for your input.

Work2hunt

Veteran member
Mar 2, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Minski,
I would recommend going to the new members section and introducing yourself so we can get to know you first.

Also, do you subscribe to the Eastmans magazine. The MRS section can definitely help you narrow your unit choices based on the past draw history. From there I would recommend discussing your options with the forum based on the few and not the many.

Slugz

Veteran member
Oct 12, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
Ski,

IMO I'd hold your deer points till the health of the herd gets better, apply for points in CO also. As far as WY though 34/165/84 for the limited hunts or a general region G, H or K......if I had to go hunting I'd pick between 34 for the limited and region G for the general. With 7 I'd be going region G.

As far as the lopes I'd be looking at 100 or 57 as my top choices with 75,90,91 and 94 as my second tier choices. You gotta balance hunter pressure, WIA and public land in those second tier choices. Although on the other side of the state I'd be going right to 100. Hell as far as your gonna travel why not a little more!!!

All the best.