Next Great Adventure

sneakypete

Veteran member
Aug 9, 2011
Oakdale Ca.
Well guys Wednesday my son and I leave for Northern BC for moose with Stone Mountain Safaris. This will be a two on one hunt. We're both ready to go. My son Greg who's 33 will be driving up with me and flying home October 2. We hope to be hunting in the middle of the rut. I'll add to this thread as we go and pictures when I get back. Good and safe hunting to those who are bow hunting hunting. Pete

LCH

Very Active Member
Jun 28, 2015
Southern Indiana
That's awesome, I'm sure it will be a memorable trip regardless of the outcome.

That said, hopefully the moose cooperate and you both bring home a whopper!

480/277

Very Active Member
Feb 23, 2013
You guys will have a GREAT time. Can't wait for the story and pics!

Get on cowboy time and enjoy!

AKaviator

Veteran member
Jul 26, 2012
Pete, I'm so excited for you and your son!! Photos, buddy...lots and lots of photos!

I'll be anxious to see the results of that fine rifle of your son's! No moose will be safe.

I'll keep you both in my prayers for a safe and successful trip!

sneakypete

Veteran member
Aug 9, 2011
Oakdale Ca.
Bob and guys, thanks for all the well wishes and safe travels! I'm not excited to see the fire destruction in Oregon, Washington and BC. Good and safe hunting all!

sneakypete

Veteran member
Aug 9, 2011
Oakdale Ca.
Well I'm home after being gone three plus weeks, and some 4500 plus miles. My son Greg and I had a great adventure of a lifetime. From the owner of Stone Mountain Safaris to our wrangler they made us feel so welcome and at home. We saw grizzlies almost daily, heard a hunted wolves on our first day of hunting! As for the moose hunting we viewed moose everyday cows, bulls just not legal ones. Hunting is hunting until the last day.....IMG_2928.jpgIMG_2921.jpgIMG_2898.jpgIMG_2923.jpgIMG_2909.jpg The bull was called in from 1/2 to 3/4 of a mile over a two hours. I couldn't be happier for my son. The bull is 51 1/2" wide. A great trophy. Akaviator even stoped by the main lodge on his way south to Oregon. Thanks for the support and well wishes. Pete