New Yeti Freezer!

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv

Looks like Yeti has gotten into the deep freezer market!

I stole this pic off FB. This guy is prepared to fill his freezer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
I havn't looked at their website, so I have no knowledge of any freezer they make. This you sure looks like a common freezer you can buy anywhere....with a huge YETI decal on it.

Just checked the Yeti website....no freezer in their product list!

Last edited:

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
Crazy part....we have had things that weren't frozen freeze with just regular ice in their coolers on road trips.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Right now here in Colorado you see things like that quite often this time of year.

Get your elk and butcher it on the spot, fire up the generator and plug in the freezer. Then on your way home if you stop at a motel just drag out the extension cord and plug it in.

As for the dents in the lid, who cares. I am sure that they picked up that freezer for less than $50 and they will get a few years use out of it bouncing it all over the place as they drag that trailer around. Then they'll just go buy another one.

Heck I have a 21 cubic foot freezer that I am going to put up for sale in the next year or so and am going to ask $50 for it. If no one buys it I'll drop the price.

Crazy part....we have had things that weren't frozen freeze with just regular ice in their coolers on road trips.
A lot of times if I am running out of ice I'll just open the coolers lids at night and let the water in them refreeze.

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
When I go to Wyoming on an antelope hunt when multiple animals are planned, I always take a freezer and a generator. I usually fill the freezer with ice & frozen food, replaced with game meat for the trip home.

sneakypete

Veteran member
Aug 9, 2011
Oakdale Ca.
I saw a home made cooler made in BC, plywood outside with 2" rigid foam inside painted white with YETI painted on the outside. Probably 5k model.owner says it works well and would fit a moose in it!

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
I saw a home made cooler made in BC, plywood outside with 2" rigid foam inside painted white with YETI painted on the outside. Probably 5k model.owner says it works well and would fit a moose in it!
Been there...done that!

Many years ago I used to go one a long range Baja 7 day "shrimp boat" fishing trip in the Sea of Cortez. All the fish we caught were gutted and iced down and stored in the boats storage area below desk. We brought home up to 1,000# pounds of fish in the bed of my pickup. I built a 4' x8' plywood box that was 3'high. Lined it with 2" foam. We went to the ice house and had them blow crushed ice in the bottom, loaded the fish and filled the rest with crushed ice. Covered the top with alum foil and old sleeping bags. Lasted for several days in 100 degree heat. Yeti....well not quite, but a lot cheaper.