New World Record Nontypical Elk

BOHNTR

Very Active Member
Feb 28, 2011
Lakeside, AZ
It’s already been posted on here…..here’s the link for additional.

CrimsonArrow

Very Active Member
Feb 21, 2011
Minnesota
When I first saw this, my gut was telling me that it may be a covertly raised ranch bull. There’s a fair number of elk farms in Alberta, probably in some really out-of-the-way places. Wouldn’t be hard to grow one in secret

Reactions: Gr8bawana

BOHNTR

Very Active Member
Feb 28, 2011
Lakeside, AZ
When I first saw this, my gut was telling me that it may be a covertly raised ranch bull. There’s a fair number of elk farms in Alberta, probably in some really out-of-the-way places. Wouldn’t be hard to grow one in secret
It is DEFINITELY NOT a penned raised animal. I expected better from you, Crimson.

CrimsonArrow

Very Active Member
Feb 21, 2011
Minnesota
It is DEFINITELY NOT a penned raised animal. I expected better from you, Crimson.
Simply raising a question. I wasn’t aware that Alberta had the genetics or weather conditions to grow an animal of that magnitude. Not hating on anyone

BOHNTR

Very Active Member
Feb 28, 2011
Lakeside, AZ
Simply raising a question. I wasn’t aware that Alberta had the genetics or weather conditions to grow an animal of that magnitude. Not hating on anyone
Have you ever looked into a record book? How about the WR NT mule deer? Canada has some of the best genetics there are.

CrimsonArrow

Very Active Member
Feb 21, 2011
Minnesota
Have you ever looked into a record book? How about the WR NT mule deer? Canada has some of the best genetics there are.
Well, elk and mule deer are 2 different animals. I just checked the only record book I own, the b&c 26th big game awards for 2004-2006. For Alberta, there are 3 typical elk out of 178 entries. Ranked 4,129, and 154. Non typical consists of 1 entry, ranked dead last of 51 total. I stand by my statement regarding albertas ability to produce record book elk. And yes, I’m very familiar with Canada’s record book mule deer and whitetail