New Toy Today!

archeranthony

Dec 10, 2018
Texas
I picked up a S&W 460XVR 3.5 today it was on clearance at Academy. I?ve always wanted one and today that dream came true. Can?t wait to shoot it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
You mean that you brought it straight home and didn't take it out to shoot?

It should be a lot of fun.

BAKPAKR

May 10, 2018
Nice looking revolver.

Just an FYI - I shot quite a few rounds of 45 Long Colt out of my 5 inch 460. When I switched over to the 460s, cases had a tendency to stick because of the carbon build up from the Long Colt rounds I had not completely removed. I really had to scrub to remove that, but once I did, I had no more problems. So, if you use Long Colt rounds, make sure to get the cylinder squeaky clean.

I would also suggest that you double up on hearing protection at the range - ear plugs and muffs. When hunting, I just use the ear plugs on a plastic band that I keep around my neck. It would have to be a life or death situation before I would touch off a round without at least some protection.

Hang on and have fun!

archeranthony

Dec 10, 2018
Texas
Nice looking revolver.

Just an FYI - I shot quite a few rounds of 45 Long Colt out of my 5 inch 460. When I switched over to the 460s, cases had a tendency to stick because of the carbon build up from the Long Colt rounds I had not completely removed. I really had to scrub to remove that, but once I did, I had no more problems. So, if you use Long Colt rounds, make sure to get the cylinder squeaky clean.

I would also suggest that you double up on hearing protection at the range - ear plugs and muffs. When hunting, I just use the ear plugs on a plastic band that I keep around my neck. It would have to be a life or death situation before I would touch off a round without at least some protection.

Hang on and have fun!
Thank you for the advice!

archeranthony

Dec 10, 2018
Texas
Finally got to shoot it. Honestly recoil wasn?t as bad as advertised, granted I?m only shooting 200gr.