New to the Forum

bighorn574

Mar 21, 2013
Springfield, OR
Hello everyone, my name is Jesse. I just joined the forum and figured I would introduce myself so you guys/girls know who is starting to lurk around. I have three girls, a newborn son, and a very lazy beagle. We all reside in the wet side of Oregon, but spend most of our rec time east of the cascades. My family loves mule deer and pretty much any other animal you can hang a tag on. We recently started branching out and applying to Utah, Nevada, and Wyoming. So if you want to give up your hard earned honey holes or half your bonus points you can PM me. Jk of course, figured I better break the ice and let you know I can take a joke. Anyways, I will be around and offering help to the ones I can in Southeast OR or just conversing about our sport. Thanks for your time.

Umpqua Hunter

Veteran member
May 26, 2011
North Umpqua, Oregon
Hi Jesse. I'm also from Western Oregon, down near Roseburg. This is a great forum, I'm sure you will enjoy it. I've been applying in WY, UT and NV for the last 25 years, and should have some pretty nice tags on the way in the next 5 years. Make sure you are getting points for Wyoming antelope. That has to be the most fun out of state hunt going, and there are enough good tags to do it every few years.

Anyways....nice you have you on the forum!

AKaviator

Veteran member
Jul 26, 2012
Jesse,

Welcome to the forum. Really a great bunch of folks on this one.

My wife is from the dry side of the State...Vale area.

forkhunter

Jan 1, 2013
Welcome from another somewhat newbie. I haven't been a major participant on this forum, but have been lurking for a few months. I live in the rainy big city in Oregon, but grew up in MT..........

bighorn574

Mar 21, 2013
Springfield, OR
Thanks guys, and I'm shocked this site has so many Oregonians! Figured there would be just a couple. Site is pretty cool so far. Now I need to draw a tag worth talking about!

tttoadman

Very Active Member
Nov 16, 2012
Oregon
welcome to the forum. I was blown away was I realized this forum was here. I have been an Eastmans subscriber for years, but never went to web site and noticed the forum until last summer. what a dummy!!

Quit bagging on Beagles. They are hunting machines. Just the other day, my beagles spent 4 hrs on the scent of a wiley rat, and actually caught it. I live a little south of Molalla in the oak country. When I moved out where we are now, i had a neighbor call in a panic because they thought my dogs were caught in a fence. They have had to get used to the sound of a wild pack of beagles on a hot trail. "my Babies".

Try not to go to the forum when you supposed to be working. I tend to lose track of time, and then i have to work late.P5260462.jpg