New to eastsmans

weigand

Feb 13, 2014
N. Idaho/Central MT.
Hey everyone,

Just kind of jumping on the forum bandwagon as of recent and I love all the great information on here!

A little about me:
Originally from Bozeman, MT but just graduated University of Idaho in the natural resource field and headed back to eastern montana to work for a wildlife agency. If anyone needs any EastMont tips let me know!

Musket Man

Veteran member
Jul 20, 2011
colfax, wa
Moscow aint to far from me. I go there to stock up on alcohol since its to expensive in this state LOl. Where about you going in Eastern MT? I have been out there a few times too.

Umpqua Hunter

Veteran member
May 26, 2011
North Umpqua, Oregon
Welcome Weigand. Glad to have you here on Eastman's!

I'd love to get back to eastern Montana again one of these years for a fun deer hunt. Might have to pick your brain a bit then.

Last edited:

gonhunting247

Veteran member
Jan 21, 2014
Welcome to Eastman's. I love hunting Montana. My son will graduate OSU with a wildlife science degree this year. Good luck with the career. Would love to talk about MT hunting!

AT Hiker

Very Active Member
Aug 2, 2012
Tennessee
Welcome to EF! We are hunting region 705 in SE MT this fall, taking my grandfather so I have secured a private ranch. I may try to hunt the badlands and Custer in the years to come. I would like to find a place on the Tongue River too.

weigand

Feb 13, 2014
N. Idaho/Central MT.
Thanks all,

Yeah I will be working throughout most of Central-North Central Montana. Mostly Missouri River Breaks area. I'm pretty intimate with the breaks/CMR refuge, specifically the south of the river/lake units. Don't be afraid to PM me if any one needs any tips out there. I'm hoping to draw a archery elk permit for the southside this and have some good hunts planned for breaks elk and deer so stay tuned. Should be a fun time of eastmont backpacking/hunting.

Moscow was good, but I'm excited to trade wheat fields for sagebrush!

Last edited:

Musket Man

Veteran member
Jul 20, 2011
colfax, wa
I have hunted some of that country in MT a few times, seem some big bucks hanging up at ranches out there before too! Its neat country!