New Partner

Prerylyon

Veteran member
Apr 25, 2016
Cedar Rapids, IA
I feel your pain; last December marked 5 yrs since I had to put my english setter down-he was 13 yrs old and full of cancer. They don't live forever, as much as we wish they could. Sad stuff.

But, nothing turns that around quicker than a cute, curious pup: full of life and ready to learn; with a many future Octobers ahead of them!

Good looking pup! Thanks for sharing! [emoji4]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
Very nice! Been 6 years since mine got put down. Looking to add a pup in the next couple years too

NE69

Jan 6, 2013
Southwest Nebraska

Got Jack out this weekend when some friends came out to hunt. I was impressed with him at 12 weeks old. He used his nose a lot although is was mostly to find coyote poop. He wasn?t afraid to try to bust weeds and go after it. 3 more weeks of season left so I will get him a few more times. They put a few roosters and quail down so he knows what they are now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Colorado Cowboy

Prerylyon

Veteran member
Apr 25, 2016
Cedar Rapids, IA
That's it.

Get that lil pup outside all around the smells, scenes, and noises of the hunt: in bite size chunks; with realistic goals, and lots of praise, will position him well to make the best use of his God given talents as he matures; and you work with teaching him the commands you want him to learn.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk