New Bows???

idcwby

Administrator
Jun 23, 2015
Idaho
I’ve been thinking about it. Was going to stick with Bowtech, but didn’t like how the grips felt and the cables rubbed against my wrist when I shot one. Was looking real hard At Mathews last year, but never got a chance to shoot one. The Mathews I picked up this year had the same cable issues touching my wrist, but wasn’t able to shoot it to see if it would be an issue. So, I’m not sure what I’m going to do.

Finsandtines

Very Active Member
Jun 16, 2015
Florida
I’ve been thinking about it for three years. My Matthews Drenaline is still killing, so I’m going to roll with if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

Reactions: idcwby

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
I am far from an expert, but would suggest that you go to a pro shop and shoot a variety of bows. I did that about 15 years ago, and bought the bow that hit the sweet spot for me. The newest and "bestest" is likely the most expensive, and may not turn out to be your best choice.

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
I'm still shooting a Mathews Triax, which has been phenomenal. I don't like changing every year, but I understand the gear guys who do it regularly.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Every now and then I'll go out with some friends to shoot our bows just to see if I remember how. I find that my 28 year old Browning still shoots like it should.

I can't imagine buying a new bow every couple of years just to have the newest and latest technology. Sometimes I wonder how we ever killed anything with old recurves shooting cedar shank arrows and Bear broadheads

Reactions: idcwby

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
My bow is a 2008 model. It still shoots a 425 grain arrow 311 FPS. Not sure what a new bow can provide me?? Guessing some forgiveness maybe but I would hate to spend 1k+ on a little comfort that in the end doesn't kill any better than my current one.

Reactions: Maxhunter

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
My bow is a 2008 model. It still shoots a 425 grain arrow 311 FPS. Not sure what a new bow can provide me?? Guessing some forgiveness maybe but I would hate to spend 1k+ on a little comfort that in the end doesn't kill any better than my current one.
They have come quite a ways in the forgiveness category. That said I still regret selling my Mathews Switchback several years ago. The problem was that I just wasn't shooting it.

Reactions: Hilltop