Nevada Draw Results

Gr8bawana

Veteran member
Aug 14, 2014
Nevada
Well my elk hunt was over on day 2 and my sheep hunt can hopefully be deferred until next year.
Broke the heck out of my ankle on the 2nd day of hunting. Got to spend all day at the ER in Ely.

• Sad
Reactions: gonhunting247

DRUSS

Very Active Member
Jun 22, 2014
nw oregon
Gr8bawana, Damn! thats rough. NDOW hopefully will help out. The best help ive ever received from any state game and fish departments has been from NDOW. All the people i have talked with or emailed actually listen to me and i feel that they really do care about the outdoorsman and women that are out here.

side note, Headed out on Friday to start looking for bucks!!!

Reactions: Gr8bawana

Flyer12

Oct 22, 2023
Sorry to hear this. Hoping for a speedy recovery. I am fairly certain they will defer the tag.
On the positive side did you see any good bulls? That is some steep country, lots of shale, billy goat country (assuming it was the Schell Creeks).

Gr8bawana

Veteran member
Aug 14, 2014
Nevada
It was too rocky for my son and brother to help me of the big pile of rocks so I scooted on my butt till I got to the gentles stuff. Then after a few try's at them carrying me it was just too painful.
I just crawled about 200 yards to the truck which my brother managed to get closer, then they lifted my up into the truck.
This happened about 5am and by the time we got out of the Ely ER it was 7pm. (y)

Gr8bawana

Veteran member
Aug 14, 2014
Nevada
Just had surgery on Sat. Doc said it was worse that he thought once he got in there. Ankle shattered from the front instead of the usual side fractures. 😱

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
That skree/rubble is always a bitch, especially since it is usually on a steep slope. I would rather go up than down, and I've been a lot of places where if things went bad I would likely have to hit the rescue button on my InReach. It's good that you had some reliable help nearby. Have a quick and complete recovery Gr8.