Nebraska Muley

sambo3006

Jun 22, 2015
SW Missouri
That is an absolute tank! I wonder if your BIL knew what an incredible trophy that was when he shot it? So many trophy bucks shot in the 40's, 50's and 60's you hear the story that the hunter was just out for meat and kept the rack as an afterthought.

6mm Remington

Very Active Member
Mar 27, 2011
Western Montana
Yes he needs to be seen! What a great buck. As another way to honor both the deer and your brother-in-law I think it would be neat to get him scored. He looks like he would do well as a non-typical. Look up a Boone & Crockett scorer in your area and see what they can do. It does not cost to have the animal scored, but there is a minimal fee if you the animal is large enough to make the record book for it to be entered in the book.

NE69

Jan 6, 2013
Southwest Nebraska
I took 6MM's advice and had it scored. Gross 219 4/8" and with a lot of deductions he ended up 206 6/8" NT. Nebraska Game & Parks scored it. They said 1963 must have been a heck of a year. Three other muleys were taken that year that scored between 205 to 212. Won't make B & C but will get a state citation. It was a fun thing to do and worth spending the $ to get it mounted. I got more personal satisfaction from doing it than the $'s could buy anywhere else. I still have a tough time imagining what the buck would have looked like in the field. :)

gonhunting247

Veteran member
Jan 21, 2014
Every time I look at that buck I'm in awe. It seems to just get bigger and bigger. Glad to hear you had it scored. Congratulations!

bigmoose

Jan 2, 2012
Yerington Nevada
Man, what a nice buck! You really did the right thing by getting it mounted and scored. Your brother in law should really be happy. A real "once in a lifetime buck"!

Moose