Nebraska Muley

NE69

Jan 6, 2013
Southwest Nebraska
Brother in law shot this buck in 1963. I got it back from the taxi last week. I decided to get it mounted as it needs to be seen and as a way to pay him back for helping me through the years. I think he was pretty happy.

IMG_0304.JPGDSC_0336.jpg

This buck is a beast. He just gets bigger looking all the time. He shot it when he was 18. It hasn't ever been scored but just is amazing to actually see it in person. It hung in a shed for years and I used to go in and look at it as a kid and dream. It wasn't a big deal mounting it for him, I just wanted to share it with you guys.

Attachments

Last edited:

HeartElk1

Mar 30, 2011
Absolute beauty! You are right, a great buck like that needs to be seen. That was a very nice gesture mounting it for him.

tdcour

Veteran member
Feb 28, 2013
Central Kansas
That thing is a monster. Glad everything worked out and he liked it! I know I sure would! Too bad you can't convince him to hang it at your house. It would look good next to your other ones

NE69

Jan 6, 2013
Southwest Nebraska
I finally put a tape to it. 219.5" NT. Didn't score as good as it looks but still nice.

Wife finally noticed it hanging on the wall after 10 days. She was on the couch and said "say that wasn't there before?" Makes yours look pretty small. (ouch) Maybe you should give Bill yours and keep his, he won't notice the difference after all those years. I'm (quietly) thinking I would have a better chance swapping wives and him not noticing the difference.

2015-05-12 22.46.29.jpg

Last edited: