Nebraska cow elk

hunttrap

Jan 22, 2016
Eastern Nebraska
Pretty excited, drew a nebraska cow elk tag for the hat creek unit up by chadron. Was wondering if anyone has any contact info for ranchers up that way that allow cow elk hunters or has had success in the past. Permit is good from nov 1st to jan 31st. Thanks, really excited just very limited public land. Pms prefered.

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
I'd take a few days off and drive up there and knock, and knock, and knock on more doors.
I know some ranchers up there through a friend and work, most are very nice people and I'd be shocked if you couldn't get access. Just get up there now, not in October, or during season to get permission.

hunttrap

Jan 22, 2016
Eastern Nebraska
I'd take a few days off and drive up there and knock, and knock, and knock on more doors.
I know some ranchers up there through a friend and work, most are very nice people and I'd be shocked if you couldn't get access. Just get up there now, not in October, or during season to get permission.
Thats what im thinking of doing, be worth the drive out id imagine. I made a few calls to some ranchers and they all said its pretty hit or miss but should be able to find some. They ones i talked to seemed very willing to give permission for this type of hunt. Typical western nebraska folks, very good to talk with.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bonecollector