NE Washington noobie

jasent

Jun 18, 2014
Deer Park, WA
Rookie here from NE Washington. I been hunting most my life but really got the bug about 6 years ago. I hunt whitetail, bear, cougar, coyote, bobcat, grouse and some upland,turkey, and elk. I been focused on elk the last 2 years and have yet to see any bulls during my season. Im a modern firearms hunter. I spend almost every weekend in the woods and hunt coyote during the off season. Im mainly a backpack hunter and love to get out away from roads and into the thick stuff,im the kinda guy that just has to see what's on the other side of the mountain. :)
Hoping to learn a few things and share my limited experience as well.

jasent

Jun 18, 2014
Deer Park, WA
Welcome! Where you at in NE WA? I can understand your frustration hunting elk in this state.
im north of deer park. Im hunting 113 for elk. I've found tons of sign must can't seem to get on them in our 9 day season. This year I've been spending every moment I can running their trails marking beds and rubs not sure yet where their hiding come end of October but it's only a matter of time.

EWAElkhunter

Sep 8, 2014
I know the feeling im an archery hunter in 124 and i have yet to see an elk in 11 days. almost 40 miles on my boots this last week and im not seeing anything.

Musket Man

Veteran member
Jul 20, 2011
colfax, wa
im north of deer park. Im hunting 113 for elk. I've found tons of sign must can't seem to get on them in our 9 day season. This year I've been spending every moment I can running their trails marking beds and rubs not sure yet where their hiding come end of October but it's only a matter of time.
I have hunted 113 a couple times and I love the county but I didnt see many elk. Didnt see any in the Blues last year either. Im starting to think that is just elk hunting in E WA. The camping is great though:D