Nate Strong the Poacher

Brad R

Jul 9, 2016
I am not on Facebook, but there are important updates to this case.
Is everyone following?

nebowhunter

Mar 10, 2011
Northeast Nebraska
I find it interesting we talk on this forum for months about a guy that poached 1 deer that was large. But yet recently I posted on a guy from my home state of Nebraska that was charged with 71 counts of game violations and convicted of 15 in a plea agreement. Most of the comments were not about that. Instead they were about the fact that he, Dustin. Noble of Noble Outdoors was able to get an article in the latest Eastman's magazine. I only wished Dustin could have gotten as much attention. I wonder what is most important to most who enjoy the outdoor lifestyle? For me, I want my children to know it is just as wrong to poach a doe, or a squirrel as it is some buck that has became a local legend.
My post was removed because everyone was attacking the magazine and not the poacher.

mntnguide

Very Active Member
I am not on Facebook, but there are important updates to this case.
Is everyone following?
Yes..Guy put up a small bit about it the other day, and hopefully maybe he will chime in on the forum..But basically he drew the same license again this year that he shot that big buck with...that license is a whitetail ONLY tag. . His trial has been pushed back till after hunting season, and I sure dont understand why it cant be part of the conditions that he is not allowed to hunt until the trial has been finished. You can get charged with a DUI and not allowed to drive even if you are awaiting trial I believe...how is this not possible in this case. GoHunt just put up a good amount of info on this new info...follow this link to check it out. http://www.gohunt.com/read/news/new-updates-on-the-230-inch-wyoming-mule-deer-poaching-case

ivorytip

Veteran member
Mar 24, 2012
SE Idaho
Nathan Strong 2016 Wyoming hunting licenses
Source: Wyoming Game and Fish Department's Draw Results

According to WGFD records, Strong applied for four hunting permits for the 2016 season. He successfully drew two tags. One tag was for a Type 3 any whitetail deer in Area 138. That hunt area was the same area he poached the deer! So now he will have a tag for the same area on a known mule deer winter range. He also drew a Type 6 cow elk tag in Area 94. Strong also applied for an antelope tag and a moose tag but was unsuccessful for both.

wow! this is a joke right? he admitted to putting his whitetail tag on the mule deer. and they let him buy a lisc and put in and draw???!!!!!!!

ivorytip

Veteran member
Mar 24, 2012
SE Idaho
the tags he drew should have gone to someone else. I don't know if they are hard to draw tags or not but all the same

MtnBuck

Apr 4, 2016
Aurora, Colorado
So what are the chances he get's off with a slap on the wrist? Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems to me that judges on average are really lenient with poachers for some reason.

nunt'nbutmuleys

Feb 25, 2011
The tag has about 67-68% chance of being drawn. 40 tags available and 59 1st choice apps. Some one else should have gotten the tag. I just hope another hybrid (Muley) don't meet its fate by this guy cause ya know he won't let it out of the bag this time. And I know there is a few big boys running around that area. Hopefully they don't let him hunt!!!!

480/277

Very Active Member
Feb 23, 2013
If Hillary can get elected POTUS (and she will) I believe anything today.
Heck 8 years of President Obama and we don't even know which bathroom
You are supposed to use... FUBAR

BleuBijou

Oct 14, 2012
Colorado
I think the DA has the choice of recomending not hunting or drawing a future tag until after the trial. It seems it was not the case in this instance. It has been done in past poaching cases.