Nate Strong the Poacher

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
When I first read this I couldn't imagine the stupidly of this man and then to have it mounted and presented at a Expo. But then there are quite a few of them out there. There was another poacher that shot a buck on a military base in Utah and took it in to a taxidermist who was also caught.

But I know how this guy felt when he saw this buck, I have seen plenty of them while hunting late season elk and you just have to pull out the camera instead of the rifle so that you can show your friends what you saw because you know that they won't believe you.

mntnguide

Very Active Member
This is what i wrote yesterday about this and included another coward in my thoughts as well...both deserve no respect and are poor excuses of humans. Morals...some people grew up with them, i guess some did not.

People like this are the reason hunting gets a bad name! He and the toolbag Jeremie (formerly Wyohighcountry on Insta, and current; heavenat10k) are disgraces to our sport and passion. They are trying to become "social media famous" no matter what the costs. Its absolutely ridiculous and I sure hope the book gets thrown at this guy. He lives in a small WY town as a PE teacher at the local high school, I sure hope he gets his ear filled with comments about the type of person he is from this point forward. Great to see the dedication of Wyoming Game and Fish Department into bringing the truth forward from this case and the unnamed people who were able to provide proof that this deer had lived past the hunting season no doubt deserve immense credit as well. I hunt for the passion of being in the hills and seeing things many never will, whether my tag is punched or not, i could care less. I love having my freezer filled, but no matter what, leaving the hills with an unpunched tag, i always feel fulfilled and excited for the next time. I live for the mountains and the animals that inhabit it, and people that try to take it for granted and become "famous" with lies, deserve to be broadcast loud and clear as to the type of worthless pieces of life they are! Rant over.

Slugz

Veteran member
Oct 12, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
This is why stiffer laws need to be put in place nationwide for lifetime bans. He should have all fishing and hunting privileges revoked in EVERY STATE.

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
This is why stiffer laws need to be put in place nationwide for lifetime bans. He should have all fishing and hunting privileges revoked in EVERY STATE.
While I don't have a problem with this, what makes you think a poacher that doesn't obey game laws currently is going to start if they get banned?

I say hit him where it hurts, 1 year salary fine or 1 year in jail, felony conviction.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
While I don't have a problem with this, what makes you think a poacher that doesn't obey game laws currently is going to start if they get banned?

I say hit him where it hurts, 1 year salary fine or 1 year in jail, felony conviction.
I agree, just taking away their hunting privilages isn't and hasn't worked before for numbers of poachers. If they are going to poach they don't care if they have a tag or not. This guy just figured that he could get away with it because he had a tag even if it was for a whitetail.

Hit him where it hurts, make it a felony count and a couple of years in jail along with the fines. Then they might start thinking before they pull the trigger again.

Sawfish

Very Active Member
Jun 9, 2011
Peoples Republik of Kalifornia
The fine should be equivalent to the cost of shooting a trophy animal of the same quality on private land. It is BS that some of these "thieves" poach huge deer and elk and get off with a fine of a few hundred dollars, when the price to shoot a comparable animal on private land would be in the thousands. I believe that New Mexico has already put such a program in effect. You other old timers may remember when Outdoor Life emblazoned its pages with the slogan "A Game Law Violator Is A Thief". I guess it got dropped because of political correctness. Time to bring it back.

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
I think they should age the deer.

If it is 7 years old that's how long he goes to prison for....

Another wanna be big buck guru with an ego sooo big his own stupidness was his downfall. I hope that the case gets grabbed by the Feds as they have more leverage under the Lacy Act to pursue a more appropriate prosecution with a stronger guidelines for a sentence. We, the legitimate hunting public have been robbed in so many ways by this low life.

Slugz

Veteran member
Oct 12, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
I agree, just taking away their hunting privilages isn't and hasn't worked before for numbers of poachers. If they are going to poach they don't care if they have a tag or not. This guy just figured that he could get away with it because he had a tag even if it was for a whitetail.

Hit him where it hurts, make it a felony count and a couple of years in jail along with the fines. Then they might start thinking before they pull the trigger again.
Sure....I agree....jail....fines.....no privileges.....more is better.

ivorytip

Veteran member
Mar 24, 2012
SE Idaho
but it was mixed with whitetail.... hahaha makes me so damn sick. hes just one that got busted, happens so so so much!

Don K

Very Active Member
Sep 10, 2011
Northern Illinois
And everyone wonders why the true hunter that really does shoot a large animal gets so much grief on weather it was taken properly or not.........

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
Congratulations Nate! Nobody will ever believe a damn thing you have done, or will ever do again.

480/277

Very Active Member
Feb 23, 2013
Certainly he should loose hunting rights. And pay restitution to sportsman of Wyoming.
If you cut a tree off someones property it is ten times the value. I would think most guys would
Pay $10,000 for a chance at that buck so a penalty of $100,000 sounds right.

China will pay $50,000 a kidney on the black market. You don't need both.... Thats 1/2 payment

shootbrownelk

Veteran member
Apr 11, 2011
Wyoming
Strong should NOT ever be able to teach our children again. He's nobody to look up to. He's a Cheater a Liar and a Thief. That sums up about everything I hate in a human being. And this pond scum is a teacher? The parents in that school should organize a protest to have him removed....no matter how difficult that is, if he belongs to the teacher's union. If he's convicted, that should be easier to accomplish. I hope that whatever Judge he gets, gets up on the wrong side of bed the day of Strong's appearance!

ivorytip

Veteran member
Mar 24, 2012
SE Idaho
we have a family that lives not to far from here that owns a but load of land, and they have some wealth to their name,.... I know most people assume its the rednecks that get out there and do a majority of the poaching but most of it (my opinion based on what ive seen)comes from the people with lots of cash flow and lots of land. not saying they all do but a lot do. seems like they are out there more to impress everyone else that they can get the big one every year, not that its as hard to do on private property... its just easier for them to cover it up. back to first line... this family has always been suspected of doing this but never enough "proof" until a couple years ago he was glassed shooting a large 6x6 bull with rifle during archery season, didn't even have a bow with him! no wonder he allways scores big during archery season! there's this other spot close to where I archery hunt that hugs the Wyoming border that I stopped hunting, I hunted public land adjacent to private land and every year id hear rifle shots and I actually watched these two guys begin dressing a large bull. after talking to a couple other guys that hunt same area they said they do it every year on that priv land and they have been turned in but money speak louder then anything else. my buddy started dating of of the daughters and she told him they don't ever even buy the Idaho tags. their land covers part of Wyoming to and they buy Wyoming tags and kill bulls in both states with the one Wyoming tag and they always kill with rifle cuz its just easier.

laxwyo

Very Active Member
I knew lots of farmer kids during my time in Laramie. They made no bones that if they needed food, they'd open the door and smoke a whitetail any time of year. That's a little different than all the guys trying to be hunter cool. In my opinion, it's a side affect from the commercialization of hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk