Nat Geos"Wild Justice"second season

larrylur

Sep 20, 2011
Livermore, California
I guess somebody should stick up for these guys. I've had more "good" run ins, than bad. This year on the dove opener we had a warden check our licenses. Few of the guys did not have licenses in their possession. Left them back in the truck. We were on private property so it is what it is. The warden did a check on the radio for those guys, found out that they did buy licenses and stamps so no tickets were written.

Most of the time that I've made contact it has been cordial and respectful.

I did have a run in with a warden up at Beardsley Lake about 10 + years ago. I did not get a ticket for anything but just talking to him, he made it clear to me that he thought most of the people that enjoyed our forrests were scum to him. He actually said that he wished they would shut the down to the public. I've talked to several people over the years up in that area, and he was kind of legendary as far as being a miserable, angry sob.

Muleys 24/7

Veteran member
Jan 12, 2012
The Golden State
Sorry, I know we need wardens, but a couple encounters in the past have led me to KNOW that 90% of them are a$$holes. Just like the highway patrol, cant solve any real crime, so they drop the hammer on anyone driving 5mph over the speed limit!
That's what a few LEO's I know say about CHP. Their also known as AAA with a badge LOL! That's rough,5mph over! I have been let go with a warning a time or two so I can't say to much. I do respect all LE because we do need them. :)

HuntWYODon

Very Active Member
Dec 19, 2011
Kalifornia
Sorry, I know we need wardens, but a couple encounters in the past have led me to KNOW that 90% of them are a$$holes. Just like the highway patrol, cant solve any real crime, so they drop the hammer on anyone driving 5mph over the speed limit!
I could tell you about two run in's with Ca. Warden's years ago but I'll spare you the long read. One couldn't write a ticket and the other did and I said I'll see you in court jerkoff. He said I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and tear it up. I said that's ok , I don't mind making you look like an ass.in court. He knew I had a friend as a witness and 3 forestry personnel . He tore the ticket up . Every warden I've met in Wy.,Az.,Ut., Co. and Nv. Has been nice. I think they think well of non res hunters. I've only met 2 nice highway patrolman in my life and it was many yrs. ago.

Neal78

Sep 7, 2012
The problem with a situation like this is you probably could have went to trial on this and won.
I did and got a old retired judge. Didn't take long to figured out he was a hunter. Long story short , he dropped it down to one infraction. Only cost me 75 bucks. Got lucky.

Shaun

Jan 7, 2012
I had a warden that has been on that show a few times show up to my house on a tues night (Shoot Night) with a buddy. While we were all bsing in my garage after the sun went down I look over and see him grab a few sets of antlers and check my tags small thing but definatly rubbed me the wrong way. Needless to say it was the first and last time he was over there shooting.

jenbickel

Veteran member
Feb 22, 2011
Sheridan, Wyoming
www.facebook.com
I've never had a bad run in with a warden. They have always been really nice to me. One year I was bowhunting antelope in southern Wyoming and I was walking back to my truck and saw a game warden up the road watching me. He checked my tags and asked where my archery license was, I had totally forgotten to buy it. He told me he thinks it wasn't an honest mistake and told me he wouldn't write me a citation as long as I went right to town and bought one. When I was picking out my bear baiting areas they helped me a lot and when I went and checked my bear in they were super nice to me. I've had quite a few run ins with them and they have always been nice to me. I know there are a couple wardens around here that nobody seems to like and I haven't had I deal with them yet. I just figure I can't knock it until I try it. At one of my jobs I got yelled at all the time by the customers because of the things I was told to do and the way I was supposed to do them. I'm sure they are trained to be the way they are and it's not just that they are all a-holes. Yes, I'm sure there are some that abuse their badge but I think you will find that in any profession.