Muzzeloader elk and deer in Washougal GMU?

Eastfork

Feb 14, 2016
So your looking for exact deer and elk locations? What type of info are you after? Part of hunting is the thrill and the challenge of finding out how deer and elk act through out the year. Have you ever watched and doe or cow give birth? Have you ever watched calves box? Do you know where they like to be on hot summer days, how about when the east winds blow? Everything is part of learning, and there for hunting. More to the hunt then just the kill. If everything was easy would it be fun? Last time I checked a trophy was measured by the memories and the experience,not by inches....my boys dont care about inches. They love the experiences.

Eastfork

Feb 14, 2016
Yeah wow is right. Every one is always asking... ( where shpuld I hunt.......) or such. So instead of saying wow, or more rudely saying your amazing, get your arse off the sofa and quit staring at your phone maybe go burn up so gas and boot leather, but no they would rather suck like leeches for any free info. It's truly amazing. The deer and elk live in the flipping woods. Go find them. It's not that difficult but society as a whole today is sick and lazy. So yeah wow to you too.:p

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
Hey blacktail hunter, go post an introduction in the new members section. Kind of like a handshake, unfortunately we have a lot of guys every spring ask for help but haven?t been here long.

To the rest, easy guys. Keep it civil, and encouraging...

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
Aren't forums meant for asking for advice? If you don't agree with people being "lazy," and posting on a hunting forum, then why are you here?
they are , to a point. forums are also for bragging but first and fore most ,for me anyhow ,just to interact with others who share my love of the outdoors.

I generally try to help ,when, I CAN.

but also ,have had ,more often then not, newbies coming to pick my brain , who then never bother to even say thanks and very seldom , even come back to post ,how the hunt went.
when you try to help someone ,YOU WANT TO KNOW regardless of wether they were successful or not. and pics are ALWAYS welcome.

after one gets burned this way ,over and over , they tend to get pretty selective on who they wish to help.
can't speak for others but I wish ,success to all but will not help, just anyone.

I post this merely to help you understand the mindset of many (probably most) forum members .

when someone comes on a forum and asks for help on their very first post,without even bothering to interact a bit , first, they are probably NOT going to get much help.
on the other hand, stick around and get to know folks and let them get to know you, and there is an abundance of knowledge to be gleaned and many that will help when able.

blacktailhunter

May 17, 2018
Yacolt, WA
So your looking for exact deer and elk locations? What type of info are you after? Part of hunting is the thrill and the challenge of finding out how deer and elk act through out the year. Have you ever watched and doe or cow give birth? Have you ever watched calves box? Do you know where they like to be on hot summer days, how about when the east winds blow? Everything is part of learning, and there for hunting. More to the hunt then just the kill. If everything was easy would it be fun? Last time I checked a trophy was measured by the memories and the experience,not by inches....my boys dont care about inches. They love the experiences.
I was wondering if anyone could give me any hunting tactics, I already have a few areas that I hunt and know have big bucks and okay sized bull elk.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
if possible,glass, glass, glass and glass some more. once you locate one you want to kill . stalk it and kill it.

if possible, stay downwind and out of it's sight.
be as silent as possible.

if deer hunting , avoid singing showtunes.
deer hate showtunes .but elk dig it!