Mountain Hardwear

Ricochet

Feb 1, 2012
Sherwood, Oregon
Has any body used mountain hardware pants for hunting? I have a friend that gets sixty percent off of all mountain hardware stuff. I was going to get a couple pair of attack pants but I can get these pants for way cheap. They have a lot of pants to choose from. I know they are not camo but black and brown should work. Any input would be great. Thanks

CoHiCntry

Veteran member
Mar 31, 2011
Colorado Mountains
Mountain Hardware make really nice mountaineering clothing. I have the Matterhorn pants and think they're great. The only thing I don't like about them is they have there own built in belt instead of belt loops for your own belt. If I got that kind of discount I would jump all over it! They make products that are just as good as any hunting manf in my opinion. Not having any camo patterns is another big bonus! :cool:

tim

Veteran member
Jun 4, 2011
north idaho
nice goods, I have a bunch of there stuff, top notch. It is what we used before the hunting companies got more up to date with features and materials.

Murdy

Dec 13, 2011
North-Central Illinois
I picked up a Mountain Hardwear rain jacket/outer shell on a whim at Dick's off the discount rack and am really impressed with it. Well, made, well thought out, lot of nice big pockets. I wouldn't generalized based on this one piece, but it seemed to run a bit bigger than other manufacturers.

johnsd16

Mar 16, 2014
N Idaho
I have the compressor pants and got them to wear under bibs for late season goose hunting or to put on as an outer insulation layer for other non-hunting sedentary times outside in the extreme cold. I wore them under some old bibs last year goose hunting in 8 degree F and wanted to cut the sleeves off my shirt. Holy smokes were those things hot. They really do the job. Zip to hip and reinforced knees. Not an outer layer for any kind of activity, but did I mention they were warm!