More WY antelope questions

EOHunter

Jan 26, 2016
Eastern Oregon
So I drew a 90-2 Antelope tag and I understand to hunt in wyoming if you were born after 1966 you are required to have a hunter ed certificate. Well I lost that long ago, however my hunter ed # is printed on my Oregon License. Does anyone know if that works as proof or do I need to order a duplicate card?

Also if anyone can help point me int he right direction for some antelope hunting? I am thinking of setting up camp at one of the campgrounds below Fontenelle dam and hunting the SW corner of the unit. I like the fact that I would have a place with shade to camp, but it looks as if there is a lot of drilling in the portion of the unit. Anybody ever run into problems there? Going to try and hit it around the 22nd or 23 of September and hunt for a full week and then head back for Oregon deer opener. I might have an opportunity to go back if I don't find something I want to shoot around the end of October before my Oregon elk season starts but I would prefer not to have to buy gas for two trips. Any help would be appreciated.

gonhunting247

Veteran member
Jan 21, 2014
I'm not sure if the number on your license would do the trick or not. (It should) I do know if you call licensing in Salem, that most of the time they will send you a card within a few days. Not sure about 90-2, as I've only hunted 98, but it sure sounds like a solid plan to me! Good luck

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
For this type of question I think that I would be calling the Wyoming Game and Fish office.

I have never had a problem either but I was born back in the 50's but then I also have never been checked.

wy-tex

Veteran member
May 2, 2016
SE Wyoming
There is quite a bit of drilling activity in that area but don't fret, it's a good area. In july look into the HMA's in the area and see what is available. Lots of good hunting ground. The wells are drilled mostly just be trucks checking them.

EOHunter

Jan 26, 2016
Eastern Oregon
I called the Game and Fish office and just in case anyone ever has the same question the Game Wardens say if your Hunter Ed # is printed on your license then you are good to go as long as you have your current states license with you.

dan maule

Very Active Member
Jan 3, 2015
Upper Michigan
I called the Game and Fish office and just in case anyone ever has the same question the Game Wardens say if your Hunter Ed # is printed on your license then you are good to go as long as you have your current states license with you.
I always have my certificate with me but to be honest I have never been asked by a Game Warden to see it. I have probably interacted with game wardens in the field 10 times or so over the years in Wyoming. I have found the game wardens in Wyoming to be very reasonable people.

sigpros

Very Active Member
Aug 10, 2011
missouri
Hunted 90-2 2 years ago. Camped right below the dam. Real nice camp sights. Lots of antelope and some real big ones. I got frustrated after letting so many nice ones walk ended up taking a small buck. You will have a great time.