More Colorado archery OTC units to move to draw only

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
LOL

As long as they freeze NR tag prices for 20 years and increase your license 4X to pay for the wolf biologist I guess am cool with that.

And before anyone gets their thong bunched up. I was kidding in the post above. But I am sure some kind of deal could be worked out.

Last edited:

CODAK

Aug 8, 2016
Johnstown, CO
hahah
I know it's dreaming, but it would be nice if Cali-rado treated its residents as well as they do in you know, every other western state, especially WY and MT. It would take adding any 4 western states NR % of tags to equal what CO gives out...

gretch6364

Aug 24, 2011
CO applications up 40,000 year over year (7%). They need to do something. Things continue to get worse and worse for residents.

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
I wonder what percentage of that 7% applied for the units that were OTC last year. If I hunted one of those units for my entire life and wanted to continue hunting there, I would have applied to get my "Archery bull tag". That alone could cause a big rise in applicants.

D_Dubya

Aug 8, 2012
South Texas
I wonder what percentage of that 7% applied for the units that were OTC last year. If I hunted one of those units for my entire life and wanted to continue hunting there, I would have applied to get my "Archery bull tag". That alone could cause a big rise in applicants.
According to the 2019 statistics page there were 7719 archery hunters in those units last year, presumably all in OTC tags. If those folks now all had to get in the draw, I would guess a % of them who previously didn’t get in the draw would also apply for multiple species that they didn’t previously. I would be all for CO doing away with being able to get an OTC tag and a preference pt in the same year, or maybe eliminating OTC.

ssulliv155

Mar 8, 2015
Central WY
If states want to protect the elk herds and maintain a high quality hunt, they need to eliminate non resident over the counter tags: much like Wyoming does.