Missing some forum friends

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
The problem with a 600 mile radius is that you usually have to travel 1000 miles to get to that spot.

Where I hunt in Arizona is only 553 miles as the crow flies but it is 800 miles on the blacktop....

However as folks go to other states to hunt they can always make contact with those in that state. I've met a few forum members that way but it is sad to say that I haven't met some that are here in Colorado, which I hope to rectify over time.

idcwby

Administrator
Jun 23, 2015
Idaho
I know a few of you have more flexibility in their schedules and you could find a time/location that works for you and than post it and hopefully more of us could make it. Time/location could change every year to hopefully work for others as well.

hunter25

Very Active Member
Sep 8, 2016
Glenwood Springs, Colorado
During the summer months I can get away for a long weekend. Usually work every day unless something planned.
Vacation is all used for hunting or fishing trips.
I've met 2 current forum members so far.
JimP who graciously drove to my work and shared some valuable hunting info with me for a Utah trip.
And Prhunter who I met and shared camp on a coues deer hunt in AZ. Plan to again one day but just haven't put it together.
There was another but after meeting and hunting together we haven't talked since. Had some issues. Lol

Umpqua Hunter

Veteran member
May 26, 2011
North Umpqua, Oregon
Howdy everyone! :) We sold our ranch last summer. Tons of work to get that place ready to sell and then moving. We had a 5th wheel delivered to a nearby RV park because I wasn't set-up to tow. A few weeks later, we had lightning fires hit on both sides of us. My wife smelled smoke in the middle of the night, we jumped in the car and one of the ranches was on fire about a mile away (lightning fire). We spent the night in our car. They got that one under control and we moved back in. High winds blowing east to west, the opposite direction of the norm, moved a second fire around 20 miles in just a few hours. I put out a post on Facebook and a friend with a hitch got us moved out at the last possible moment before the highway was closed off. A friend had hookups in their driveway and let us live there for a couple months while we got our place ready to move on to. No fire damage near out place, but it is sad how badly the upper North Umpqua drainage is burned. I am hoping the local deer and elk hunting will get a shot in the arm from this.

Currently I am building our next home, with the framing underway. This is my first ever full house build.

I haven't hunted New Zealand yet on the hunt I won. NZ has been on covid lockdown. Actually better timing for us. Hopefully in 2023.

I'm not sure how often I can check in but I wanted to say "hi"!